San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Please join BCNA and our special guests Alec Ross, former Senior Advisor for
Innovation under Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and founder of One Economy, and Nisha Agarwal, NYC Commissioner for Immigrant Affairs, for our annual BCNA Immigrant Heritage Week Awards.
8:30 to 9:00 Coffee and light breakfast
9:00 to 9:20 Keynote Address by Alec Ross
9:25 to 10:10 Panel Discussion
New Tech Solutions for New York’s Micro and Small Businesses
Moderated by Sheel Tyle, New Enterprise Associates, and featuring:
- Reshma Saujani, former Deputy Public Advocate of NYC & Founder, Girls Who Code
- Deepti Sharma Kapur, Founder & CEO, Food to Eat
- Liudmila Bakhareva, BCNA client and CEO of Istari Technologies
- Michael Grinman, BCNA client and CEO of Green Leasing, Inc.
10:15 to 10:45 Awards Ceremony honoring BCNA clients, presented by Commissioner Nisha Agarwal.
- New Beginning Award: Sujata Khanal, Fatouma Keita, Artur Lan Piy Tyan
- The Bootstrap Entrepreneur Award: Sonnie Selma, SS African Foods
- The New York Job Creator Award: Gelena Gotto, Rainbow Medical Supply
When & Where
Business Center for New Americans
The Business Center for New Americans is proud to help New Yorkers on their path towards the American Dream of financial independence and home ownership by providing the information, know-how, as well as the on-the-ground support they need to thrive financially.