Join pit master Jared Leonard, Chef and Owner of Rub's Backcountry Smokehouse, on a 3 hour journey into the delicious world of slow smoked BBQ. The all-inclusive class will teach you everything there is to know about the wonderful world of BBQ. Discussion will include regional styles, meat selection, meat preparation, smoking procedure, Rubs, marinades, injections, mopping sauces, barbecue sauces, and more.
During the class, students will participate in preparing a gourmet 4 course BBQ meal including homemade bbq sauces and side dishes. The class will finish with a buffet of fresh-out-of-the smoker brisket, pulled pork, ribs, and fresh side dishes. Students will go home with 3 jars of Rub BBQ Company’s signature sauces, and a cookbook with recipes taught during the class. Classes are BYOB, with a casual dinner party atmosphere.
PLEASE NOTE: We have had many people only register one person although they have a purchased a double person certificate. To avoid disappointment, please make sure you register both people in your party when registering for a date. Once the classes become full, we cannot add additional people. This is not a Free event, to attend the class you must have purchased a groupon or livingsocial deal or pay the full attendee price.
1. Authenticity: No Gas, No Electricity, REAL BBQ!
2. Dress Appropriately - the pit room smells of delicious hickory smoke, and so will you after class! Avoid wearing anything you don't want smelling like a campfire for days...
3. BYOB: Feel free to bring your own beverages - no corkage fees
4. Get Into It: It's BBQ - have fun - volunteer when asked and take in the experience..
5. Expertise: We've had over 5,000 attendees in Pitmaster Jared's BBQ Classes!
Save This Event
When & Where
Rub's Backcountry Smokehouse
6954 N. Western
Backcountry BBQ & Supply
Just like in the Backcountry hills
of Texas, Memphis, & the Carolinas -
our kitchen fires up fresh BBQ -using
100% Hardwood burning smokers.
We use quarter-split
Post Oak logs to keep our pits
There is a unique taste that cooking with a real hard-wood fire brings to BBQ. Cooking with wood imparts a natural flavor into the food that you just don’t get when cooking with gas or
electricity - Authentic BBQ: you can taste it, you can smell it, and we know you’ll love it!
No Gas, No Electricity...
This is REAL BBQ!
Side dishes & Desserts are made the
- from scratch, fresh every day-