Northern California Community of Practice (CoP)
Bay Area Branch
Yes You Can! Using Last Planner in ALL phases of design.
Jennifer Hastings, Boulder Associates
Tracy Gordon, Boulder Associates
Romano Nickerson, Boulder Associates
This will be a presentation exploring lessons learned including:
There has been healthy dialogue in recent years regarding the appropriateness and efficacy of production planning tools in early phases of design. Two teams from Boulder Associates’ office in Sacramento have discovered compelling ways of leveraging Last Planner as a production planning tool in all phases of design, from initial project setup to post-occupancy review.
Date and Time:
Wednesday, August 14, 2013
5:00 - 8:00 p.m.
Cancellation Deadline: Tuesday, August 6, 2013. There will be no refunds after this time. Each person must register and pay to attend the meeting and dinner. Please help us save time, expense, and avoid people showing up at the last minute… plan ahead.
Come hear how Tracy and Jenny lead their interdisciplinary design teams (which are responsible for more than 50 active projects!) using Last Planner as a tool for process, planning, and control through all phases of design. Learn how they have leveraged team planning to develop standard work, to help junior staff to learn and mature, to manage work across multiple offices, and to still have a healthy life away from work.
1. Introductions: Welcome to LCI Nor-Cal Chapter
2. Salad Chat: Topic will be provided prior to the evening event.
3. Introductions and Share Salad Chat Highlights: A "lightning round" report-out of your table’s lessons observations
4. Featured Program
5. Key Takeaways: A “lightning round” to share your key takeaways about the program.
6. Questions: A “lightning round” to ask questions about the featured program.
7. Presenter to Respond.
8. Next meeting overview.
9. Training opportunities – Coming events
10.Plus / Delta: Feedback to improve each meeting.
Note to First Time Attendees and Others New to Lean Construction:
Please review a glossary of terms and other introductory readings before attending the meeting by visiting http://www.leanconstruction.org
Wednesday, September 11, 2013
Registration Assistance: email@example.com
**Special Registration Discounts: If you are not an LCI Member, you may sign up today at the LCI Member rate for this event if you purchase a one-year individual membership for $250. Go to: http://lci-individual-membership.eventbrite.com to read about the benefits and sign up today. Then, enter the words "New Member" when prompted for your “individual membership number” while signing up for this event at the LCI Member rate. Thanks!
Individual LCI Members may bring one guest to each LCI event at the Member Rate. Corporate LCI Members may bring any guest at the LCI Member Rate, including employees, clients, trade partners, etc. Need help looking up your individual membership number? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
When & Where
LCI Nor Cal Community of Practice
Lean Construction Institute (LCI) is a non-profit organization, founded in 1997. The Institute operates as a catalyst to transform the industry though lean project delivery using an operating system centered on a common language, fundamental principles, and basic practices. We have these broad goals:
Transform design and construction
· Promote ever-wider acceptance and use of lean principles, practices and tools on design and delivery of projects
Set standards for lean performance
· Common language and fundamental principles
· Basic practices
Provide education for lean project delivery
· Awareness, learning and understanding of tools and techniques
· Catalyst for action
Conduct research to promote continuous improvement
· Robust program of basic and applies research evaluation
· Translate findings into transformational tools & techniques
Sponsor Communities of Practice for continuous learning and application
· Established in major markets nationwide, expanding into new areas over time
· Developing strong ties with academic and industry organizations
· Expanding understanding of Lean: fostering networking and mentoring
The Northern California Community of Practice (CoP) of LCI provides local Lean support to owners, architects and designers, engineers, contractors, specialty contractors, and suppliers. We invite owners and project delivery team members to meet together as a Community of Practice to learn, share, and develop a lean community in Northern California. As a regional forum for conversations among practitioners, the CoP will help create a new common sense for the AEC industry as LCI continues to build knowledge in design and construction.