BawdySlam's 'Go BIG or Go Home!'
Thursday, September 19, 2013 from 8:00 PM to 11:30 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, CA
- Storytelling Rockstar (& KinkStar!) Mollena Williams
- The PornKlownPosse’s Froghole the Klown
- SF Fringe Performer & StoryZilla Nell Weatherwax
- Award-Winning Film Director Christine McHugh
- & *YOU*! This event is part curated show, Part BawdySlam where the audience competes for sexy prizes & the Title of Dirtiest Storyteller in San Francisco!
It’s the Bawdy Storytelling that stars *YOU*
Join us at BawdySlam – the mouthier little sister to Bawdy Storytelling – for ‘Go BIG or Go Home’ the opportunity for “YOU, the spectator” to become “YOU, the participant.” Sign up for the chance to get on the storied Bawdy Storytelling stage to bare your soul for 5 quick minutes, as you tell your story to a smart, funny, sexy, willing, and receptive audience.
Doors & Sign up to compete at 7 PM/Contest starts at 8 PM
FREE mini storytelling workshop before the show. This month’s focus: ‘Working with Themes: Spin it to Win it’
Our theme for September is ‘Go BIG or Go Home’:
You don’t f*ck around: your favorite TV show was HBO’s ‘Hung, and every porno in your house starts with the word ‘Big’ (so please explain: why Big WET Tits? What’s that about?) so this month’s Bawdy is made for you! BawdySlam- your 9 pounds of smart in a 5 pound sack – presents an evening of tall (ooh, and girthy) tales from real world size queens. What mammoth ‘accents’ will they be referencing in their true personal narratives? Here’s a better question: which ones will you be referencing?
Sign up to tell a 5 minute story on this month’s theme at the beginning of the show. Names submitted will be drawn at random from a hat, and a team of judges will be selected from the audience to rate the stories on
- The storyteller’s performance/construction of their tale
- How the story connects to the theme (& about sex)
- How well the storyteller honors the time limit (points will be subtracted for stories that exceed the time limit)
Prizes will be awarded – and this month’s Slam winner will compete in the BawdySlam Championships farther down the line. Now you can to compete* with all those true-ly racy tales you hear each month with your very own personal tale …and perhaps even win the title of Dirtiest Storyteller in San Francisco!
*Just want to listen to crazy stories? We support that – and hope to inspire you to go out and create your own.
-Mollena (Mo) Williams, “Delicate, Trembling Flower of Submission”© is a NYC born and raised writer, Leatherwoman, actress, BDSM Educator, fat fetish model and Executive Pervert. She is honored to have served as International Ms Leather 2010 and Ms. San Francisco Leather 2009. Consciously submissive since 1993 and Active in the Leather and BDSM communities since 1996, she keeps it real all over the US, Europe and Canada on myriad BDSM, Leather and kinkcentric topics. Mo authored the “The Toybag Guide: Taboo Play,” the essay “BDSM and Playing with Race” which appears in Best Sex Writing 2010, has two essays appearing in Tristan Taormino’s Ultimate Guide to Kinky Sex and is co-author, along with Lee Harrington of the upcoming book Playing Well With Others. Her blog is The Perverted Negress: http://mollena.com and she tweets incessantly at http://twitter.com./mollena
-Froghole the Klown: 2 parts grease paint, 1 part squeaky toy and 12 parts wrongness. Froghole has long been fascinated with the connection between fear, attraction and the ridiculous ever since childhood. Froghole has recently celebrated his 20th wedding anniversary to Blueballs the Klown and has two daughters, Shiny Buttons and Dead Kitty the Klown.
- Nell Weatherwax AKA The StoryZilla is visiting SF performing her solo stand-up storytelling show, The Storyzilla Full Frontal Human Movie at the SF Fringe Festival September 6 – 21. A feral diva at birth, she somehow grew up in one of those vaguely forgettable, mid-western states that start with a vowel. Currently residing in Bloomington (the oasis of Indiana), she is a self-employed medical support hypnotherapist, career counselor, creativity workshop facilitator and performing artist. She loves to hear a good true story almost as much as she loves to tell one. www.thestoryzilla.com www.sffringe.org
- You know how they say, "I like a good story as much as the next person"? Well, Christine McHugh actually likes a good story MORE than the next person. She likes them so much that she makes her living helping people to tell their stories in the form of one-person shows. Now she's started telling them cinematically and the first film she directed, "On The Nature of Hotness" just won Best Short Comedy at the NYC International Film Festival and will be seen at the Seattle LGBTQ Film fest in October and Starz Denver and Ojai Film Fests in November. She's currently living in Santa Fe where she's started a storytelling evening called Firefly. Next months theme is, "On Second Thought" which perfectly articulates the doubts she is having right now. Ah well, no guts no glory.
When & Where
Bawdy Storytelling ("The Moth for Pervs" - LA Weekly) is America's Original Sex+Storytelling series featuring Real People & Rockstars sharing their bona fide sexual exploits, live onstage. This award-winning performance series is currently monthly in San Francisco and Los Angeles, & expanding to new cities every day. Storytellers are an eclectic mix of authors, sex educators, poets, comedians and actors - along with real people just like YOU who have submitted their stories online and were chosen for their panache and sense of (mis)adventure.
Wanna get Bawdy? Contact Dixie@BawdyStorytelling.com