San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
2013 BawdySlam Championships (SF)
2565 Mission Street
San Francisco, CA
Doors at 7 PM/Contest starts at 8 PM
The Best Deal of the Storytelling Year: *8* 10 minute True Tales for just TEN DOLLARS - & we've set a all-time record for BawdySlam advance ticket sales already so get yours as soon as possible!
Our BawdySlam Champions will include:
- Amber Elektra Milner
- Katt Attack
- Michael Sarver
- Matt Matthews
- Ezekiel Tyrus
- 'Hollywood' Dave Stann
- Lesley Jones
- Gaia K
- & Music by the Inimitable Lark!
It's finally here! This month, join us at BawdySlam – the mouthier little sister to Bawdy Storytelling – for our much-awaited GrandSlam, pitting champion against champion for the Title of Dirtiest Storyteller in San Francisco for the Year 2013. Watch a full years' worth of Sex + Storytelling Winners compete for the love and adoration of a smart, funny, sexy, willing, and receptive audience - that's you!
A team of Celebrity Judges will rate the stories on
- The storyteller’s performance/construction of their tale
- How well the storyteller honors the time limit (points will be subtracted for stories that exceed the time limit)
- Stage performance, WOW factor and well, judges judge. Who knows what that special je ne sais quoi is? Come witness the magic firsthand to see what ranks at BawdySlam.
- Grand Prize Package from Pleasures Of the Heart
- & the Bawdy Lovin' Cup is something to be seen!
Celebrity Storytelling Judges will include:
- Kay DeMartini has produced live storytelling events in the East Bay for the past 5yrs. Her series BustingOut Storytelling ‘Yes, they're real’, is held the third Thurs of every month in downtown Oakland at the The Den, next to the Fox Theater. www.KayDeMartiniPresents.com She's been on stages across the country, told on both KFOG, NPR, taught storytelling workshops for advertising companies, Nat’l Storytelling Conference, and in her living room. She loves foods that have made the crossover into colors (peach, pumpkin), playgrounds with free-standing monkey bars, and the shoe term: 'wing tips'.
- Cherry Zonkowski, nee Terror, has been performing in San Francisco for over ten years, what with one thing and the other. Among many other places, she has performed for Popcorn Anti-theater, Perverts Put Out, and many many times for Bawdy Storytelling. She is best known for her hit show Reading my Dad's Porn and French Kissing the Dog, which is soon--soon! I swear it! to enjoy another run. Right now she is finishing writing a smutty book where a hot crew with Gilligan's Island code names have lots of kinky sex in between rescuing gay and transgendered teenagers from abusive homes (you know you have always wanted to know what Ginger and MaryAnn got up to). Read her shamefully intermittent but always hilarious blog at Cherryterror.com and follow her on twitter as Cherryterror.
- When Dr. Marty Dubuque was a young boy, he learned about the birds and bees. And the left hemisphere and the right hemisphere. Curious about all that symmetry and complementarity, he became an avid student of brain and behavior and a trained neuroscientist. Many a long day in the lab, Marty has tickled and probed neurons and organs, and then gone home and did it some more. The brain is his second favorite organ.
- Amber Elektra Milner is thrilled to be participating in tonight’s Bawdy Storytelling GrandSlam! She is a two time winner of the BawdySlam competition, and has appeared on the Bawdy Main Stage. She has been a regular performer in the San Francisco production of Mortified for the last six years and can also been seen in Quote Unquote every few months. She is also a professional wedding officiant, if any of you dirty perverts want to tie the knot. And to answer everyone’s first question…she’s 6’1” without the shoes.
- Lesley Jones lives with her partner and two cats in Oakland. Homeschooled as a child, she has recovered well, and now works as a scientist. Although exploring the kink community, attempting aerial silks, and rocking out on cello are cool pastimes that happen sometimes, she is more likely to be found at home shame-watching Nashville, or satisfying a relentless board games fetish that, to be absolutely clear, DOES include Magic The Gathering. Coffee has been a large part of shaping who she is, as a person.
- Obedient nerd Matt Matthews exchanged a life of religious servitude for happier adventures as a sub in San Francisco. He works in Higher Education and writes on the side, although his penchant for whiskey cuts into time spent penning. His awkward introversion has led to a slew of compromising positions, most of them on all fours.
- ‘Hollywood’ Dave Stann moved to Hollywood 12 years ago, armed with a BFA Theater degree, and promptly sold his soul for an avocado and a gym membership (still rarely used). Through a curious series of events, he ended up traveling the world for years playing blackjack professionally with a team of notorious card counters, became a sponsored pro poker player, wrote a book, and shot over 70 episodes of gambling TV. Deciding finally to use his degenerate powers for good, he moved to the East Bay to build casino games for the internets. He is also straight Oaklandish, yo.
- Katt Attack has been a novice sex geek since before hitting puberty, thanks to her avid curiosity and the advent of the internet. She's a California native who has lived in nearly every major West coast city, but her heart fell in love with the Bay Area three years ago and she ain't going anywhere. She's a queer, poly, kinky, burner type that prefers science and reason over over the crunchy hippies. When she isn't trying to earn her keep teaching in adult education (not the sexy kind) she is often found helping run an Oakland co-op, dancing at rave-y events, or entertaining her friends with sexy stories.
- Michael Sarver grew up in Hawaii and Washington, has lived in Las Vegas and been in the Bay Area for 8 years. A late bloomer, he lost his virginity to the babysitter at age 19. He's never seen himself as a sexual person but has enjoyed some interesting exploits. From foot fucking in a hot tub to blow jobs in an active volcanic cinder cone, from sex on a 40-story ledge to the Secret Service interrupting a night beach rendezvous with a Presidential aide, he's made the most of his limited sexual experiences. He first came to Bawdy in November of 2012, and thought, "I can do this. I talk in stories!" If you've ever spent 5 minutes with him, you know this is true.
- Ezekiel Tyrus is a long-time San Francisco-based writer and performance storyteller. His one-shows include 'Booty Call Etiquette' based on an actual booty call he turned down, and "I Never Fucked Mrs. G." based on a horny married teacher who taught a Zeke's high school in the 1980s who had every male student there except for poor Zeke. Currently, Zeke has a novel available at all bookstores across the country and online called 'Eli,Ely,' published by HardHeadPress. (One Word.) The reviews have been excellent including British critic John WIlliams who called Ezekiel Tyrus a "Slacker Generation Bukowski." The author is scheduled for an upcoming reading Books, Inc. in Opera Plaza this January. Mr. Tyrus will have copies of 'Eli,Ely' with him tonight to purchase unless of course, you sleep with him in which case you get one for free.
- Gaia K is a simple working girl with a taste for excitement. She works her magic to help others love themselves.
- Lark is a multi-instrumentalist rock star. Also known as "that girl with the toy piano" and "this crazy chick who plays drums backwards," Lark has been stunning audiences throughout the bay with her special blend of unique arrangements and deadly songwriting. She also doubles as half of the dream pop duo, Snow Angel, and the lead singer for local prog-rockers, Antioquia. Find out more at LarkSongs.com
When & Where
Bawdy Storytelling ("The Moth for Pervs" - LA Weekly) is America's Original Sex+Storytelling series featuring Real People & Rockstars sharing their bona fide sexual exploits, live onstage. This award-winning performance series is currently monthly in San Francisco and Los Angeles, & expanding to new cities every day. Storytellers are an eclectic mix of authors, sex educators, poets, comedians and actors - along with real people just like YOU who have submitted their stories online and were chosen for their panache and sense of (mis)adventure.
Wanna get Bawdy? Contact Dixie@BawdyStorytelling.com