Bawdy's 'The Unlikeliest Places' (LA)
Wednesday, March 27, 2013 from 7:30 PM to 11:00 PM (PDT)
Los Angeles, CA
- Sex Educator & Porn Icon Nina Hartley
- Bravo's Miss Advised & Sex with Emily's Emily Morse
- Fleshbot's Senior Erotic Consultant (& the brains behind GramPonante.com) Gram Ponante
- Music by The Turgidaires
- And YOU! This is part curated Bawdy Storytelling, part BawdySlam: share your 5 minute story for prizes & braggin' rights
Giveaways from Vixen Creations ("The Cadillac of Cock")
BawdySlam Grand Prize Package from Screaming O Adult Novelties (Yes, the same prizes found in the gift bags at the Oscars!) & you'll get a trophy proclaiming you as the current Dirtiest Storyteller in Los Angeles
Doors at 7:30, Show at 8:30 PM
El Cid 4212 Sunset Blvd LA 90029
Ever have that moment where you wake up in a small county jail without your shoelaces, belt, or dignity? Yeah, me neither. How about some random bed where you try to remember where your pants are, where the handcuff key is, and why your ass hurts? Me neither. But have you ever wanted to hear stories from people who have, though? Yeah, me too!
This month, Bawdy Storytelling presents ‘The Unlikeliest Places’ — a firm and probing exploration into sexploration, LA style. From hopping a fence to getting drunk in a hospital to good ol’ stickin’ it where it don’t normally fit, come hear stories about boldly going where most men and women just shouldn’t, couldn’t, and in some states dictated by law, MUST NOT go.
This show will be a mix of renowned sex-positive celebrities for the curated portion of our show, followed by BawdySlam (where people just like you take to the Bawdy stage and share personal and intimate adventures for prizes and the title of Dirtiest Storyteller in LA). Bawdy’s award-winning take on sex and storytelling has made it not only a "don't miss" event in the cities we've already conquered, but it serves as a gathering of the bold, the beautiful, and (if our fan mail is to be believed) an awesome first date destination. Each themed evening of true dirty stories features tales of carnal wins and epic fails with no scripts, no nets, and no holds barred. You may even go home with a few new tricks for your boudoir arsenal!
As the great American poet Iggy Pop once said, “You know I’ve had it in the ear before…” Come to the gorgeous El Cid to enjoy tapas, flirting and stories that would make little Jimmy Osterberg blush!
The historic El Cid is a treasured Silver Lake Landmark. Now it's under new management, and has a new menu under the direction of renowned chef Olivia Hernandez. Bawdy's first LA show at El Cid sold out fast so get your tickets NOW - we want you there!
- Nina Hartley is a pioneering feminist worker, using her body in the service of promoting a sexually sane and literate society. She is thrilled to see a new generation of sex-positive performer/activists take its space and spread the good news about sex. For the past thirty years her rock-solid commitment to the importance of sexual autonomy has fueled Nina Hartley’s career in adult entertainment. As a performer, director, writer, educator, public speaker, and feminist thinker for all, no matter their orientation, she’s traveled the world to deliver her message. She believes that sexual freedom is a fundamental human right and welcomes the new social media opportunities for spreading her message of knowledge and empowerment to the widest number of people. She’s the author of, “Nina Hartley’s Guide to Total Sex,” from Avery Press. Putting to use her B.S. degree in nursing, she and her husband, I.S. Levine, have produced the million-selling sex-ed video series collectively known as “The Nina Hartley Guides,” from Adam & Eve, currently in its 38th episode. Still active in front of the camera, she and her husband live in Los Angeles.
- Emily Morse is a sex & relationship expert, author, talk show host & Bravo TV star. She is the host of Sex With Emily, a radio show and podcast about sex, relationships and everything in between. Listen to the show on demand at SexWithEmily.com , through iTunes on Friday nights on Sirius/XM Satellite radio.
- Gram Ponante has been America's Beloved Porn Journalist for most of this century, providing much-needed insight on the adult industry in the San Fernando Valley—the region's greatest natural resource—at GramPonante.com, Fleshbot, Hustler, and dozens of classy magazines for Gentlemen and discerning Ladies. His "A Porn Valley Odyssey: Making The Facts of Life XXX" is a betterselling Amazon eBook.
When & Where
Bawdy Storytelling ("The Moth for Pervs" - LA Weekly) is America's Original Sex+Storytelling series featuring Real People & Rockstars sharing their bona fide sexual exploits, live onstage. This award-winning performance series is currently monthly in San Francisco and Los Angeles, & expanding to new cities every day. Storytellers are an eclectic mix of authors, sex educators, poets, comedians and actors - along with real people just like YOU who have submitted their stories online and were chosen for their panache and sense of (mis)adventure.
Wanna get Bawdy? Contact Dixie@BawdyStorytelling.com