Bawdy Storytelling's 'Where the Wild Things Are' (SF)
Wednesday, March 12, 2014 from 8:00 PM to 10:30 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, CA
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
- BiSexual FOrgy advocate Electric Barbarella
- Open Relationship Expert Marcia Baczynski
- Pop Music Libertine Lucky Dave
- Best of Bawdy winner & Sexpert Reid Mihalko
- Shy-but-Let’s-Do-This first timer Emily Grey
- After Care Specialist Wonder Dave
- Songs by Bawdy’s musical muse Rachel Lark
- A Special version of Bang-O (our audience participation game where you collect people - & their sexual experiences - to win stuff) with prizes from Pleasures of the Heart San Rafael
It’s time to release your inner Beast! Come out come out for ‘Where the Wild Things Are,’ an evening of high quality/low pressure storytelling (& community) from pervy impresario Dixie De La Tour. Are you tired of rubbing one out to your well worn copy of the Fantastic Mr Fox? Can’t possibly jill off to The Wolverine movie even one more time? Then gather with your kind (if your kind happen to be dragons, shape shifters, Second Life-come-to-Lifers, Anime princesses – OK, it’ll probably be mostly ‘humans’ but one can always HOPE) for an evening of true stories about our baser instincts.
Bawdy Storytelling – the ‘insert porn spoof cleverness’ of True Blood here – is back (after TWO sold out 7 Year Anniversary shows in February!) with an au natural, fox huntin, animal lovin (*not that kind of animal lovin,* you weirdo) and outdoor-focused night of Story. Did you break the tent on your last camping trip/ skritch and yiff at the Furry Convention/kick that out-of-control sex party up a notch, and there’s a tale to tell? We invite you to rub elbows (& who knows what else?) with San Francisco’s Perveratti on March 12th at the Verdi Club. And remember: costumes & other identities are encouraged! If you’re wondering if this is the right place for it: THIS IS THE RIGHT PLACE FOR IT.
- Lucky Dave ain't called Lucky for nothing - he's in a happy open marriage to a fantastic woman, he performs music all over San Francisco, & he's heard every almost every single Bawdy story's first draft (ask him why). This is his first time on the Bawdy stage without his guitar.
- Marcia Baczynski is a sex educator and relationship coach who works to provide people with practical tools to create extraordinary relationships. Her primary mission is to help people overcome shame and get in touch with what they truly want -- romantically, sexually and relationally -- even if it's off the beaten path. Marcia works with clients one on one, teaches workshops, and teaches ongoing group classes. Her class "Successful Non-monogamy" supports couples in opening their relationships with more ease and clarity. Her most recent project, "The Good Girl Recovery Program," helps women to break out of the roles that keep them small and unsatisfied, and move into being more of who they are in all areas of their lives. Marcia brings wisdom, humor, and creativity to all aspects of her work, and offers a fresh perspective on love, sex, and relationships. You can learn more about her and her work at www.askingforwhatyouwant.com and www.goodgirlrecovery.com
- Wonder Dave is a writer and performer from Minneapolis MN. He’s toured the country performing at poetry venues, schools, cabarets, science fiction conventions, burlesque shows and bowling alleys. He is the stage stallion for the monthly Oakland variety Show Tourettes Without Regrets. He is currently the slam master of the online poetry slam Fuck Yeah Poetry Slam! He is on the organizing board for the 2014 National Poetry Slam in Oakland CA August 5-9 http://nps2014.poetryslam.com/ Find Dave online at WonderDave.org and youtube.com/teamwonderdave
- Emily Grey is a first-time Storyteller and is a famously private person. Hence, you are witnessing her Bawdy Debut. Please be gentle as she penetrates the shyness barrier to regale you with an episode from the early era of her exploits & escapades, in the years B.C. -- Before California. She is an unreasonably modest individual and prefers polite discretion to tell-alls. That is….. Until now.
- Lark is a multi-instrumentalist rock star. Also known as "that girl with the toy piano" and "this crazy chick who plays drums backwards," Lark has been stunning audiences throughout the bay with her special blend of unique arrangements and deadly songwriting. She also doubles as half of the dream pop duo, Snow Angel, and the lead singer for local prog-rockers, Antioquia. Check her out at larksongs.com
* Line-up subject to change
* No refunds or exchanges
* General Admission seating is limited. Doors open at 7 PM; we recommend you arrive by 7:15 for good seating
“The Moth for Pervs” – LA Weekly
The Nation’s Original Sex + Storytelling series featuring Real People & Rockstars sharing their Bona Fide Sexual Exploits in 10 minutes or less
“Dixie De La Tour’s scandalous, over-the-top Bawdy Storytelling series” – SF Weekly
Winner of the SF Weekly’s 2013 Best of San Francisco, the LA Weekly’s 2013 Best Of Los Angeles & 2 Time Winner of the SF Bay Guardian’s Best of the Bay Award
When & Where
Bawdy Storytelling ("The Moth for Pervs" - LA Weekly) is America's Original Sex+Storytelling series featuring Real People & Rockstars sharing their bona fide sexual exploits, live onstage. This award-winning performance series is currently monthly in San Francisco and Los Angeles, & expanding to new cities every day. Storytellers are an eclectic mix of authors, sex educators, poets, comedians and actors - along with real people just like YOU who have submitted their stories online and were chosen for their panache and sense of (mis)adventure.
Wanna get Bawdy? Contact Dixie@BawdyStorytelling.com