Bawdy Storytelling's 'The Razor's Edge'
Wednesday, March 13, 2013 from 7:00 PM to 10:30 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, CA
- Sexuality Icon & Female Dominance Educator Midori
- Confessions of a Pickup Artist Chaser Author Clarisse Thorn
- Erotica Writer/Publisher/Author M Christian
- TechnoPagan & Seeker of the Divine Darrin Barnett
- Sex-positive Parent & Author Airial Clark
- God-loving Lesbian Sullivan
- Music by Mark Growden
- Plus Sexy ShoutOuts: Dixie plays Cupid!
- Aphrodisiac Lollipops by Pandora's Pops
Doors at 7 PM, Stories at 8 PM
Tickets $12 in Advance at
$15 at the Door
This show is 18+
Are you seeking the path to sexual enlightenment? So enlighten us: with so many options out there, how do you choose the one that’s right for you? No matter how you answer, take out that ball gag and get your yogapants-clad ass over to the Verdi Club this Wednesday night. From Doms to Tantrikas, from those who dabble on the weekends to those who live a 24/7 lifestyle, come enjoy an evening of ‘don’t’ ask DO TELL’ from three dimensional people who won’t be adding this information to their Linked In profile anytime soon.
Join us for this month’s Bawdy Storytelling – America’s original sex + storytelling salon featuring Real People & Rockstars - for an aural exploration into the darker, hotter, and REAL-er side of sex with an edge, and the search to find your true sexual calling. Whatever you’re expecting this evening to look like, forget it...remember, this is San Francisco: the truth is WAY more interesting than anything you could make up!
- Globe-trotting sexuality educator and writer, Midori is known for her hilarious and practical classes on amping up sexual fulfillment, boosting confidence and expanding personal growth. Originally from Japan, now based in San Francisco, she travels far and wide, teaching passionate bedroom skills. Among her many classes, the ever popular “JoyStick Secrets” is like cock-sucking comedy hour with tons of great tips. “How to Eat a Peach” is pretty much a pussy navigation manual and GPS for owners and lovers alike. On the kinky side – For women interested in cultivating their dominant aspect, don’t miss “ForteFemme” <http://www.fortefemme.com/> weekend intensive. Unique, transformative, elegant and effective.
Rope crazy? Check out Rope Bondage Dojo she leads three times a year around the country <http://www.ropedojo.com/>
Learn more about her at www.PlanetMidori.com & www.FHP-inc.com
- Clarisse Thorn writes and speaks about sex, gender, new media, and communities. Her writing has appeared across the Internet in places like The Guardian, AlterNet, Feministe, Jezebel, Ms. Media, The Rumpus, and Time Out. She has delivered lectures across the USA, from museums to universities to SXSW-interactive. In 2010, Clarisse returned to the USA after working on HIV mitigation in southern Africa. She has also volunteered as an archivist, curator and fundraiser for that venerable S&M institution, the Leather Archives & Museum, and for the social justice site Jane Addams Hull-House Museum. Clarisse's first book is called "Confessions of a Pickup Artist Chaser: Long Interviews With Hideous Men," and she has a collection of her best essays called "The S&M Feminist." Find Clarisse's blog at clarissethorn.com, or follow her on Twitter @ClarisseThorn.
- M.Christian is a renowned - and delightfully notorious - writer, editor, and publisher of erotica. His work has appeared in literally hundreds of anthologies (including Best American Erotica, Best Gay Erotica, Best Lesbian Erotica, Best Bisexual Erotica, Best Fetish Erotica and ... well, you get the idea), magazines, and sites - and he is the author of ten collections and seven novels. But Shar Rednour, author of The Femme's Guide to the Universe puts it best when she says that "M.Christian is a sick fuck: the reason I still read erotica." His site is www.mchristian.com
- Airial Clark is a San Francisco Bay Area-based parenting expert, sexologist and founder of The Sex-Positive Parent. She completed research for her master’s thesis on race, parenting, and alternative sexuality in 2012, all the while raising her two sons as a single parent, who are now pre-teens. Ms. Clark is a contributing writer for several award-winning online media outlets including the Good Vibrations Magazine, Shades Magazine, Oakland Local and Fearless Press where she writes on the intersections of parenting, identity and sexuality. In collaboration with organizations, including the Center for Sex and Culture and the Center for Research and Education on Gender and Sexuality, Airial has led workshops where she provides parents and caregivers with the tools they need to become the resident sexuality expert for their families.
- Sullivan is an aspiring epidemiologist and Quaker who loves getting beaten, embroidery and communicable diseases.
- Darrin Barnett is a swordsman, itinerant warrior-priest, Pagan, singer, soldier, actor, tech geek, shrilly liberal political hobbyist, and armchair terrorist. Arrogant and erudite and entirely too gleeful with verbal legerdemain. You'd think he'd settle on one or two of these things and dedicate his life, but so far the closest he's gotten to "what he wants to be when he grows up" is a worshipper of Woman.
- "Mark Growden's music combines elements from classical jazz ensembles, New Orleans-style brass bands, cabaret fanfare, and circus troupes with the stark honesty of Appalachian folk ballads and African-American prison songs." - Taos News
When & Where
Bawdy Storytelling ("The Moth for Pervs" - LA Weekly) is America's Original Sex+Storytelling series featuring Real People & Rockstars sharing their bona fide sexual exploits, live onstage. This award-winning performance series is currently monthly in San Francisco and Los Angeles, & expanding to new cities every day. Storytellers are an eclectic mix of authors, sex educators, poets, comedians and actors - along with real people just like YOU who have submitted their stories online and were chosen for their panache and sense of (mis)adventure.
Wanna get Bawdy? Contact Dixie@BawdyStorytelling.com