Bawdy Storytelling's 'The 7 Deadly (Dirty!) Sins' (LA)
Friday, June 27, 2014 from 8:30 PM to 11:00 PM (PDT)
Los Angeles, CA
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Friday June 27th, 2014
at Busby’s East
5364 Wilshire Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90036
21+ up /Remember: Doors at 7:30, Stories at 8:3The 7 Deadly Sins get BAWDY!
This Curated evening of Storytelling includes:
- San Francisco ‘Best Of’ Comic (& brand new Los Angelean!) Caitlin Gill
- ‘Spent’ author & Moth Story Slam winner Antonia Crane
- Epic Kinkster & Birthday boy Orpheus Black
- Internet celebrity-in-hiding Becca Frucht
- Stand-up Storyteller Jay Michel
- Grand Opening owner & sex toy reviewer Kim Airs
- Nerdist.com sex podcaster Sex Nerd Sandra (Daugherty)
- Deadly musical numbers from Sultry Sweet Burlesque
- Bang-O is back! Meet new people & get your flirt on, Bawdy-style
- Say goodbye to Miko Technogeisha, Happy Birthday to Orpheus Black & learn some new ways to Sin
- Giveaways & BIG prizes from Wet Lubricants!
We’re kicking our new Friday night spot (!) with a return to the Classics: that immortal list of offenses and wicked human passions, the 7 Deadly Sins! Our evening of dirty storytelling will feature tales related not only to Greed, Envy, Gluttony, Sloth, Vanity, Wrath and Lust but hey, let’s make this more interesting: Let’s throw in some Sex, Kink and/or Gender.
Imagine it: How Carnal would this month’s Lust story need to be? What kind of Wrath story would a Kinkster share on our stage? And which Los Angeles Pillow Queen will grace us with a Sloth story? Find out at Busby's East on Friday night!
* Line-up subject to change
* No refunds or exchanges
* General Admission seating is limited. Doors open at 7:30 PM; we recommend you arrive by 7:45 for good seating
- Caitlin Gill has performed on the Oddball Comedy Tour, the Outside Lands Festival, SF Sketchfest, Bridgetown Comedy Festival, the Vancouver Global Comedy Fest and in some of the best comedy clubs in the nation. Her writing has been featured in a Believer Magazine project for 826LA. She has worked with some of the best talent in the industry, including Robin Williams, Bobcat Goldthwait, Hannibal Burress, Kyle Kinane, Marc Maron, Eric Andre, Nick Kroll, Todd Barry, Doug Benson, Tig Notaro and too many other names to drop here. 7×7 Magazine featured her as one of the 7 Comics Rocking the Local Scene, and she was voted Best Comedian in the East Bay Express “Best Of” Edition in 2013. You can also hear her on podcasts like Put Your Hands Together, Competitive Erotic Fan Fiction and NPR’s Snap Judgement. Her comedy style twists her personal experiences into comedy confessions that will leave you red in the face, probably from laughter. You can stalk her at CaitlinGill.com
- Becca Frucht is a host, writer and all-around goddess of gab. She’s currently a TV anchor for a daily entertainment news show and co-host of a weekly pop culture review. She’s displayed her storytelling skillz at NPR’s “The Moth” as well as other story slams around LA (she recently moved back to LA from San Francisco – she’s a regular at Bawdy’s mainstage /curated event). Her love of storytelling inspired her to produce and host her very own monthly storytelling and variety show, TMI Live. Becca likes to wear purple as much as humanly possible, believes in unicorns, wants her own direwolf and thinks oversharing is super sexy.
- Antonia Crane is a writer, teacher and performer in Los Angeles. She is the author of the memoir “Spent” by Barnacle Books/Rare Bird Lit. Her other work can be found in:The Rumpus, Playboy, Cosmopolitan Magazine, Dame Magazine, Salon, PANK magazine, Black Clock, The Believer, Frequencies, Slake, The Los Angeles Review The New Black, and lots other places. She can be found running up Griffith Park mountain and here:http://antoniacrane.com/
- Kim Airs is a multi-talented entrepreneur, writer, sexuality specialist and founder of the sexuality boutique, Grand Opening!, now on the web at www.grandopening.com Kim’s done just about everything in the adult industry including teaching hundreds of sex ed classes, having a one hour feature on HBO, consults for sex toy start ups, starring in her own one-woman show that premiered in Hollywood and consults with doctors and sex therapists. Kim has presented to dozens of colleges and professional organizations. She currently is the official sex toy blogger for XBIZ and has her own blog at KimAirs.com and enjoys running GrandOpening.com.
- Sandra Daugherty punches sexual shame in the face. The sex educator is a firm believer in the right to healthy intimate experiences and the skills that get us there. Sandra is known the world over for her podcast, “Sex Nerd Sandra.” At once irreverent and educational, the show has earned a top spot on iTunes. Its loyal listenership (over 6 million downloads) is vocal about Sandra’s impact, describing her as “inspiring” with “contagious enthusiasm” and an “awesome nerd-like ability that [she’s] not afraid to show.” Her weekly podcast has run since 2011 under the Nerdist Industries banner with no end in sight. Her background in cultural anthropology, philosophy and broadcast journalism provide crucial lenses through which she views her work. Sandra has completed the comprehensive sex educator training program provided by San Francisco Sex Information (SFSI), attends professional conferences and workshops regularly and devours literature on all related topics with retention equal to her curiosity. Brimming with book smarts and street smarts, Sandra is passionately committed to creating a safe space for each person’s unique intimate needs. Her methods include heavy doses of physical comedy, playful insight and surprising disclosure.
- Orpheus Black – Southern California’s Leather Master/slave titleholder – is also a published author and erotic educator, specializing in hierarchical dynamics, non-monogamous relationships, and extreme sexual encounters. For more than a decade this two-time Bawdy Story telling champion has been traveling the country teaching his fun and light-hearted educational class. Orpheus is also a regular presenter at DomConLA and is the founder of Cirque de Sade—a high profile Dominants group whose mission is to advance the art of BDSM through a commitment to innovation, excellence, and active leadership in the D/s, Ms and fetish communities.
- Our pals at Sultry Sweet Burlesque are gonna illustrate a few of their favorite Sins for us! Like them on Facebook and learn more at sultrysweetburlesque.com
“The Moth for Pervs” – LA Weekly
The Nation’s Original Sex + Storytelling series featuring Real People & Rockstars sharing their Bona Fide Sexual Exploits in 10 minutes or less
“Dixie De La Tour’s scandalous, over-the-top Bawdy Storytelling series” – SF Weekly
Winner of the SF Weekly’s Best of San Francisco, the LA Weekly’s Best Of Los Angeles & 2 Time Winner of the SF Bay Guardian’s Best of the Bay Award
When & Where
Bawdy Storytelling ("The Moth for Pervs" - LA Weekly) is America's Original Sex+Storytelling series featuring Real People & Rockstars sharing their bona fide sexual exploits, live onstage. This award-winning performance series is currently monthly in San Francisco and Los Angeles, & expanding to new cities every day. Storytellers are an eclectic mix of authors, sex educators, poets, comedians and actors - along with real people just like YOU who have submitted their stories online and were chosen for their panache and sense of (mis)adventure.
Wanna get Bawdy? Contact Dixie@BawdyStorytelling.com