San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Wednesday, April 9th, 2014
at the Verdi Club, 2424 Mariposa / San Francisco, CA
Remember: Doors at 7, Stories at 8!
- Award-winning Comedian Caitlin Gill
- Special Event Dildonics Creator Spidere
- LARPer Extraordinaire The Busty Bard
- Atmospheric Scientist Dr. Eleven
- Gasm.Org’s Intrepid Journalist Krissy Eliot
- Sex Geek & Engineer Janelle Tavares
- Music by Candace Roberts
Set your phasers to Sexy, Bawdy is hosting another NerdTastic evening of Pervy Storytelling!
“Beam Me Up”
“To boldly go…”
“if someone asks if you’re a god…”
“By the numbers”
“Bang Theory: Big, Quantum or Otherwise”
“The Second Sexiest Organ”
“Perv Tested, Mensa Approved”
- People are talking about Caitlin Gill. Most of what they’re saying has to do with how funny she is. Caitlin has performed on the Oddball Comedy Tour, the Outside Lands Festival, SF Sketchfest, Bridgetown Comedy Festival, the Vancouver Global Comedy Fest and in some of the best comedy clubs in the nation. You can hear her on podcasts like Put Your Hands Together and Competitive Erotic Fan Fiction and NPR’s Snap Judgement. Her comedy style twists her personal experiences into comedy confessions that will leave you red in the face, probably from laughter.
- Spidere is a big geek. He’s also a big fan of thoughtful and open communication, changing the rules of how people interact, and creating unique experiences. That might be by helping to organize the Come Out and Play street games festival, exploring abandoned buildings, running Journey to the End of the Night…or playing out fantasies with rope bondage. You can find him on fetlife as Intentional.
- Krissy Eliot is a writer and videographer living in the San Francisco Bay Area. She has a bachelor’s degree in Electronic Media and Film and four years experience working in the digital media field — having done everything from journalism to video to social media marketing. She has worked as a freelance writer, has written/produced/directed/edited for the screen, has served as a judge in WAMM (Women And Minorities in Media Media) Festival, has been a staff writer for Future Journalism Project, and she currently serves as chief social officer at gasm.org. She’s also a big fat fricken feminist with a healthy obsession with sex. Feel free to lurk her at www.krissyeliot.com, www.krissyeliot.tumblr.com, and @krissyeliot on Twitter and Instagram.
- Computer engineer by education, firmware engineer by profession, and sex geek by nature. Janelle Tavares came to the Bay Area from Massachusetts 3+ years ago, and other than missing a bit of sarcasm now and then, has never looked back. More than the weather, food, and music, Janelle loves the sexually progressive attitudes in her new home. This engineer knows that knowledge is not only powerful, but sexy – especially when that knowledge is practical, like comprehensive sex education. Janelle is working on balancing the exploration of sexual adventures in the Bay Area with the navigation of the unsexy world of inflammatory bowel disease, and she would be open to swapping stories of personal experience with this.
- We welcome to the stage a new player character. She puts the dungeon in Dungeons and Dragons, knows how to wield a boffer weapon like she means it, and always rolls 20s: The Busty Bard.
- As the son of a college professor, Dr. Eleven is more than willing to help a friend with a research project, even when that request is a little bit…unusual. Despite his best efforts to avoid his academic destiny by running, skiing, and building things, Ted is currently finishing his Ph.D., unfortunately in neither sex nor storytelling.
- Candace Roberts is a San Francisco based singer/songwriter and cabaret performer. Since the release of her 2010 CD, “Honeymoon for One”, Candace has been in residence at Martuni’s Piano Bar in San Francisco, performing on the 4th Thursday of every month. She increasingly finds herself rocking the house concert circuit … as well as the funeral circuit … as well as playing such local venues as the Fillmore and Cafe du Nord. She is also developing a one woman musical at the Marsh Theater tentatively called “Death’s Greatest Hits, which explores all the messed up shit we do to avoid dying, literally and figuratively. Her music & wit are at www.candaceroberts.com
* Line-up subject to change
* No refunds or exchanges
* General Admission seating is limited. Doors open at 7 PM; we recommend you arrive by 7:15 for good seating
“The Moth for Pervs” – LA Weekly
The Nation’s Original Sex + Storytelling series featuring Real People & Rockstars sharing their Bona Fide Sexual Exploits in 10 minutes or less
“Dixie De La Tour’s scandalous, over-the-top Bawdy Storytelling series” – SF Weekly
Winner of the SF Weekly’s 2013 Best of San Francisco, the LA Weekly’s 2013 Best Of Los Angeles & 2 Time Winner of the SF Bay Guardian’s Best of the Bay Award
When & Where
Bawdy Storytelling ("The Moth for Pervs" - LA Weekly) is America's Original Sex+Storytelling series featuring Real People & Rockstars sharing their bona fide sexual exploits, live onstage. This award-winning performance series is currently monthly in San Francisco and Los Angeles, & expanding to new cities every day. Storytellers are an eclectic mix of authors, sex educators, poets, comedians and actors - along with real people just like YOU who have submitted their stories online and were chosen for their panache and sense of (mis)adventure.
Wanna get Bawdy? Contact Dixie@BawdyStorytelling.com