Bawdy Storytelling's 'Talk Nerdy to Me' (LA)
Friday, July 25, 2014 from 8:30 PM to 11:00 PM (PDT)
Come for BawdySlam, stick around for a Live Performance by Sexuality Icon Nina Hartley!
- CNN/HBO/SNL comedy writer Jeff Eyres
- RPG Addict Donna Thyme
- 'Chelsea Lately's Claire Titelman
- Nerdlesque from Sultry Sweet Burlesque
- Prizes from SportSheets, Screaming O and more!
Set your phasers to Sexy, because Bawdy is hosting another NerdTastic evening of Bawdy Storytelling! This is a BawdySlam: we'll have 3 10 minute stories from selected storytellers to get things started, then we pull names from the hat so that *you* can tell your own 5 minute story.
Come compete for sexy prizes and a trophy proclaiming you the Bawdiest Storyteller in Los Angeles!
“Beam Me Up”
“To boldly go…”
“if someone asks if you’re a god…”
“By the numbers”
“Bang Theory: Big, Quantum or Otherwise”
“The Second Sexiest Organ”
“Perv Tested, Mensa Approved”
- Jeff Eyres is a writer of comedy, horror and all things dastardly and inappropriate. He has worked as a pundit / commentator on CNN Headline News and his written work has appeared on Saturday Night Live, HBO’s New Performer Series and on stages across the country including The Joseph Papp Public Theatre, the Samuel Beckett Theatre and Surf Reality’s House of Urban Savages where he was playwright in residence. He is a graduate of Second City and the UC Riverside Palm Desert Graduate Center. He lives in Los Angeles where he works as a comedy/horror screenwriter and is finishing his book “The Stoned Room: How Drugs, the Occult and Satanic Music Made Me a Better Person.” He is the host of Dirty Laundry Lit.
- Claire Titelman is a standup who is a regular on the Chelsea Lately roundtable as well as an Andy Kaufman Award semi-finalist. Her acting resume includes: Parks and Recreation, New Girl, Wilfred, Veronica Mars, Coldcase, Showtime’s The Good Humor Man and American Pie 4: Band Camp and the forthcoming film Frank and Cindy. Claire’s been in multiple national campaigns for products like Verizon, IBM, Acura, Lincoln Mercury, Capitol One, promos for Conan and George Lopez and more. As a standup she performs in L.A., N.Y. and at last year’s prestigious Bridgetown Comedy Festival in Portland. Her solo show “Lemons are for Emergencies Only” was first produced in L.A. to rave reviews before its sold out run at The Edinburgh Fringe Festival in Scotland..This is what people are saying about Claire’s acting, writing and standup:“Titelman is delightfully weird. She doles out droll sets of doe-eyed off-kilter comedy. Even if it was just her and a pile of stuffed animals, it would still be worth it.” -Los Angeles Times Brand X"… makes you laugh, remember, squirm and want to follow the career of Claire Titelman with a watchful eye." -British Theatre Guide“Titelman is hypnotic.” -The GuardianShe also writes short stories, plays and makes collages. And she grew up in Western Massachusetts. That’s important to know.
- Donna Thyme (see what she did there?) is not a performer or an artist. She spent most of her adult life preparing for, studying for, and accomplishing a career as a lawyer, and she is now desperately trying to get out. Donna loves travel, video games, brownies, hiking, those times when you wake up so rested that you freak out thinking that you must have slept through your alarm but you actually woke up early, her kindle, long lists, and getting out of her comfort zone (which is why she is a Bawdy Storytelling performer). She keeps a blog where she posts dirty limericks and complains about LA traffic.
- Sultry Sweet Burlesque was created in August of 2012 by Producer/ Director Cherish Bliss and Producer/ Musical Director Rob Steiner. With the element of the live orchestra added to the showcase, each arrangement is meticulously crafted to the individual performer’s choreography to insure that no bump or grind is left behind. This show also has a vast array of variety with aerial silks and hoops acts, grinder and contortion are just to name a few. Learn more at sultrysweetburlesque.com
“The Moth for Pervs” – LA Weekly
The Nation’s Original Sex + Storytelling series featuring Real People & Rockstars sharing their Bona Fide Sexual Exploits in 10 minutes or less
“Dixie De La Tour’s scandalous, over-the-top Bawdy Storytelling series” – SF Weekly
Winner of the SF Weekly’s Best of San Francisco, the LA Weekly’s Best Of Los Angeles & 2 Time Winner of the SF Bay Guardian’s Best of the Bay Award
When & Where
Bawdy Storytelling ("The Moth for Pervs" - LA Weekly) is America's Original Sex+Storytelling series featuring Real People & Rockstars sharing their bona fide sexual exploits, live onstage. This award-winning performance series is currently monthly in San Francisco and Los Angeles, & expanding to new cities every day. Storytellers are an eclectic mix of authors, sex educators, poets, comedians and actors - along with real people just like YOU who have submitted their stories online and were chosen for their panache and sense of (mis)adventure.
Wanna get Bawdy? Contact Dixie@BawdyStorytelling.com