Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Winner of the LA Weekly's 2013 'Best Of' Award for Sexy Storytelling!
Winner of the SF Bay Guardian's 'Best Of 2013' for Best Literary Event!
Wednesday, October 23rd, 2013
Remember: Doors at 7:30, Stories at 8:30
Tickets $12 in Advance/$15 at the Door
- Erotic Performer & Plus Size Model April Flores
- Award-winning Comedian/Storyteller Vijai Nathan
- National Touring Author/Storyteller Antonio Sacre
- Professional Mouth-Runner Michael D McCarty
- Host/Producer of the Midwest Teen Sex Show, Author NIkol D S Hasler
- ComicBook Live & Glory Stories’ Patrick Ian Moore
- Music by Windows to Sky
- Pervy prizes from We-Vibe & Vixen Creations
- And introducing Bang-O, our already infamous new ice breaker event. It’s the perfect way to learn *the good stuff* about your fellow audience members!
There are many pluses that come with the California lifestyle: the ability to define yourself as whatever or whomever you want, to customize your reality till it borders on fantastic. But what if the real you is at odds with the façade that the ‘default world’ requires? Perhaps that corporate HR person wasn’t ready for “I’m a single poly female with a transgender primary, and my secondary is a ponyboy” when they asked about your home life – but hey, they asked, right?
For this very special all-curated event, Bawdy Storytelling (the social lubricant to your emotional dinner party) brings you a cadre of storytellers who’ll share their custom-crafted-and-complicated lives onstage. If you revel in your sexual freedom & wanna hear from others who make it up as they go along (& like it that way), you’ll leave inspired to head home and create your own reality. Come be yourself at Bawdy, because we like you just the way you are.
- April Flores is a muse, performance artist, model, but that’s not even scratching the surface. A fearless BBW star with scarlet hair, proponent of the queer community, feminist, sex-positive activist, outspoken advocate of body diversity, glamorous art model, and all around powerful woman. April has graced the covers of Bizarre and AVN Magazines, among others; modeled for dozens of fine art photographers; appeared in countless adult films in every genre of the porn industry (from mainstream to queer to kinky to artsy); and spoken out about body image through her mere presence and powerful sexuality, along with her activism. You can follow her (@Fatty_d) or find her online at FattyD.com
- Bill O’Reilly calls author, storyteller and solo performer Antonio Sacre “a sexual extremist,” his mom calls him a “fucking genius” and the Village Voice calls him “a remarkable artist.” His fourth book, published this month, is My Name is Cool.
- Vijai Nathan is one of the leading Indian American female comedians making people laugh across America and internationally too. International comedy phenomenon Russell Peters calls her “One of the top two South Asian comics in the world to watch!” She’s gained attention from critics from her solo-shows “Woman on Top: Tips from Mom, Dad & COSMO” & “Good Girls Don’t, But Indian Girls Do. ” Vijai grew up as a “foreigner” (or at least that what everyone called her) in the suburbs of Washington D.C. where she was born. Her material comes from her experience as an Indian girl in America – raising two immigrant parents, dating boys with mothers who wished their sons could find a nice blonde girl named “Tiffany,” and the universal quest for love, understanding and a good pair of undies.
- Some of life’s funkiest experiences make some of the best stories. Professional storyteller Michael D. McCarty has had a funk filled life and he shares his stories with intensity, humor and goo gobs of enthusiasm. His motto is,”Have Mouth. Will Run It!” And that’s the truth. Find out more at havemouthwillrunit.com
– Nikol Hasler is the Producer & Host of The Midwest Teen Sex Show (a regular in top ten iPod health podcasts) which gained press attention from the Wall Street Journal, Glamour Magazine, CBS Evening News with Katie Couric, Nightline, and even The O’Reilly Factor, among others. Hasler has been called upon to be an expert to discuss issues such as teen pregnancy rates, AIDS awareness, and the rise of sexually transmitted infections in American teens, and her video and screen writing work has included original videos for Hearst Corporation and One Economy Corporation She is the author of “Sex: A Book For Teens” which features back cover endorsements from Dr. Jocelyn Elders and Betty Dodson, and has written for Glamour, Fray Quarterly, Beatweek Magazine, RH Reality Check, Alternative Press Magazine, Crushable.com and The Onion’s A.V. Club Chicago.
- Patrick Ian Moore was born on the Day of the Dead in Tornado Alley. He is an artist, actor, improviser, mime, and puppeteer. He is the founding member of the improv comedy shows Glory Stories, and Comic Book Live and regularly performs across Los Angeles at venues including iO West, The Nerdmelt, Flappers, and ACME Comedy. Patrick also illustrated the graphic novel “Vampyre: Castle of the Undead” for Universal Studios and will be performing next at Stan Lee’s Comikaze Expo in November.
When & Where
Bawdy Storytelling ("The Moth for Pervs" - LA Weekly) is America's Original Sex+Storytelling series featuring Real People & Rockstars sharing their bona fide sexual exploits, live onstage. This award-winning performance series is currently monthly in San Francisco and Los Angeles, & expanding to new cities every day. Storytellers are an eclectic mix of authors, sex educators, poets, comedians and actors - along with real people just like YOU who have submitted their stories online and were chosen for their panache and sense of (mis)adventure.
Wanna get Bawdy? Contact Dixie@BawdyStorytelling.com