Wednesday, July 9th 2014
at the Verdi Club, 2424 Mariposa / San Francisco, CA
Remember: Doors at 7, Stories at 8
- Lesbian Werewolf & Girl Sex 101 Author Allison Moon
- Marine/Naval Officer turned Stand-up Comedian Jamarr John Johnson
- The Body is not an Apology's Sonya Renee Taylor
- First time storyteller Stevie the Stripper
- Bawdy's Big Grrl in Residence Dixie De La Tour
- She's-bigger-than-she-looks Janice in the City
- Music by Lucky Dave
- Giveaways & Prizes from Wet Lubricants
* This is our last show til mid-September, and it will sell out! Get your tickets now*
Size queens (and kings) have been around as long as there’s been something (or someone) sizable to lust after. Madeline Kahn didn’t sing “Sweet Mystery of Life” for nothing, people! What about you? Was your favorite TV show HBO’s ‘Hung’? Does every porno in your house starts with the word ‘Big’ (Umm…“Big WET Tits”? What’s that about?) Does the thought of a retro-fitted Large Hadron Collider (the "largest Fleshlight™ in the world!") get you all riled up and ready for action? Then this month’s Bawdy is made JUST for you!
Bawdy Storytelling - your 9 pounds of smart in a 5 pound sack - presents an evening of tall (ooh, and girthy) tales from real world fans of the super-colossal. What mammoth ‘accents’ will they be referencing in their true personal narratives? We all know—or have heard about—someone who digs an immense penis, but let’s not forget those whose interests extend far beyond cock size - size queens who salivate at the flash of a MENSA membership card, rather than a massive package. Folks who want more love in their life, so they traveled the polyamory road. From prodigious posteriors to jumbo-sized jugs to capacious cerebellums (and maybe a monster schlong thrown in for good measure), our storytellers are living large, and not afraid to admit it.
Hey, we’re not dirty, we’re just big boned. Deal with it!
* Line-up subject to change
* No refunds or exchanges
* General Admission seating is limited. Doors open at 7 PM; we recommend you arrive by 7:15 for good seating
- Performance Poet, Activist and transformational leader Sonya Renee Taylor is a National and International award winning writer and performer, published author, and global change maker. She has shared her work and activism across the US, New Zealand, Australia, England, Scotland, Sweden, Germany, Canada and the Netherlands. She is the founder and CEO of The Body is Not An Apology, an international movement committed to cultivating radical self-love and body empowerment that reaches over 100,000 people weekly. Sonya has been seen, heard and read on HBO, BET, MTV, TV One, NPR, PBS, CNN, Oxygen Network, The New York Times, New York Magazine, MSNBC.com, Today.com, Huffington Post, Vogue Australia, Shape.com, Ms. Magazine and many more. She has shared stages with such luminaries as Hillary Rodham Clinton, Harry Belafonte, Dr. Cornell West, the late Amiri Baraka and numerous others. Sonya continues to perform, speak and facilitate workshops globally. Visit her at www.sonya-renee.com or www.thebodyisnotanapology.com
- JJ Johnson is a former Marine and Naval Officer from New York City who got a taste of good clean California living and never looked back. He enjoys being creative, helpful and open to all possibilities. You can find him working the tech start-up scene by day and singing songs by night. Most of all you can sense his sincerity from minute one.
- Allison Moon is the author of the Tales of the Pack series about lesbian werewolves. She’s also a sex educator who has presented workshops to thousands of people around the US and Canada. She’s currently creating her new book about queer girl sex, called Girl Sex 101: http://bitly.com/girlsex101
- Stevie the Stripper is a high-class, late-blooming San Francisco stripper, regularly falling in love with all her customers.
- Janice in the City is a serious ass-kicking business woman by day / Fun country-mouse turned city girl exploring her beautiful home in SF by night. She spends most of my time fighting off the hoards of people who have a dire need to know her exact height.
- Dixie De La Tour is equal parts educator, entertainer, and irreverent host. The off-color nature of her life was at odds with her diehard love of storytelling until she created Bawdy Storytelling, an award-winning series now entering its 8th year and in many US cities. Dixie is a card-carrying pervert who sports both Southern charm and a mouth that would make a Sailor blush who earned her own Ph.D in sex-positive culture after almost 15 years of hosting, promoting and throwing underground sex parties and events in San Francisco. Dubbed ‘the Grande Dame of Dirty Storytelling,’ Dixie has turned curated salon storytelling into an art form by providing guidance and encouragement while serving as Bawdy’s stage mom, talent scout, and talk show host. Dixie has taught sex-positive personal narrative performance at Yale University, in Los Angeles and San Francisco and many major metropolitan cities, and she's a former producer of San Francisco’s Memoir Spool storytelling series. She weaves her own stories into each show, and performs across the country.
- Lucky Dave is a guitarophile who plays, writes, and sometimes even sings songs for San Francisco's finest power-pop band, The Real Numbers.
“The Moth for Pervs” – LA Weekly
The Nation’s Original Sex + Storytelling series featuring Real People & Rockstars sharing their Bona Fide Sexual Exploits in 10 minutes or less
“Dixie De La Tour’s scandalous, over-the-top Bawdy Storytelling series” – SF Weekly
Winner of the SF Weekly’s 2013 Best of San Francisco, the LA Weekly’s 2013 Best Of Los Angeles & 2 Time Winner of the SF Bay Guardian’s Best of the Bay Award
When & Where
Bawdy Storytelling ("The Moth for Pervs" - LA Weekly) is America's Original Sex+Storytelling series featuring Real People & Rockstars sharing their bona fide sexual exploits, live onstage. This award-winning performance series is currently monthly in San Francisco and Los Angeles, & expanding to new cities every day. Storytellers are an eclectic mix of authors, sex educators, poets, comedians and actors - along with real people just like YOU who have submitted their stories online and were chosen for their panache and sense of (mis)adventure.
Wanna get Bawdy? Contact Dixie@BawdyStorytelling.com