Bawdy Storytelling's 'Scandalous!' (SF)
Saturday, February 16, 2013 from 7:00 PM to 11:55 PM (PST)
San Francisco, CA
Scandalous! - Our 6 Year Anniversary Show!
- Animal Role Play Mistress Liliane Hunt & TykePuppy
- Stand-up Comedienne & Full time Mommy Natasha Muse
- Standup comic & Storytelling producer Joe Klocek
- Queer Slam Poet & Amateur Gynecologist Blythe Baldwin
- Visiting (Occasional) Dominatrix Nichi Hodgson
- Scientist & porn star Ned Mayhem
- ‘The Queen of the Perverts’ Dixie De La Tour (quote: Fleur De Lis SF)
- Amateur Sex Worker & Broke-ass Ryan Reed
- Dirty Ditties by Dane Ballard
- & DJ Timmmii on the turntables for your dancing pleasure!
For the past six sexy years, Dixie De La Tour has brought the smutterati together on the Bawdy Storytelling stage to tell their terribly true tales of lust, love, collisions, hook-ups, one-night stands, hand stands (think about it), and everything in between. And for our big Anniversary blowout, expect a Scandalously star-slutted event that will leave no turn un-stoned, go behind the green door, and give you everything you’ve come to love about Bawdy – all ratcheted up to 11.
Join us on Saturday, February 16th as Bawdy Storytelling (the birthday candle you just can’t blow out) thrusts into her seventh year. We’ll take over the stage at Verdi Club to present stories so sordid, salacious, sexy, and sublime that they’ll make the Pope weep: gender politics, good ol’ fashioned furry orgies and other secret worlds are just the start as we pull out all stops and bring you our most scandalously revealing stories ever. After all, as Elizabeth Taylor so eloquently stated, “You find out who your real friends are when you’re involved in a scandal” and when you’re at Bawdy, you are always among friends.
-Identifying as both a trainer and an artist, Liliane Hunt teaches throughout the country on animal role play and fetishism, converting the most ardent of skeptics with an authenticity that is irresistible.She filmed with National Geographic, the Discovery Channel, featured in Bizarre Magazine and was just interviewed by Diva Magazine. Fusing together theatre and exquisite costumes, Liliane directs, choreographs and performs with her human animal troupe at fetish balls, street fairs and art openings throughout the west coast including Folsom Street Fair, Masqerotica Ball, and Dark Odyssey. During San Francisco’s Pride parade not only did she organize the parade of human pony carts that transported the Leather Marshalls but was twice awarded “Absolutely Fabulous Street Act”) In her free time, she puts on her own event “Training Camp” that combines fully immersive military fetish, murder mystery and animal role play. In portrait of a Mistress, Liliane Hunt was the muse behind the nationally acclaimed erotic artist Nancy Peaches 15 x 10 ft painting of a Mistress with her human puppy. She teaches classes for JT Stockroom, SF Citadel, Exiles, Rocky Mountain Olympus Leather, KinkAcademy.com, Folsom Fringe and Dark Odyssey; has been a guest speaker for San Francisco Center for Sex and Information; and for Kirsten Beuthin’s course for psychotherapists on “Working with Kinky Clients”.
- Natasha Muse is a comedian, a skeptic, a mom, and at least the second-funniest transsexual you know. Her cerebral writing, whimsical wordplay, and unique perspective on life have earned her the adoration of audiences and the respect of her peers. Natasha performs regularly all over the Bay Area, including Cobb’s Comedy, the SF Punchline, and the Actors’ Theatre, where she produces and hosts “A Funny Night for Comedy” on the second Sunday of every month. Natasha is the winner of the 2010 Battle of the Bay competition, Miss Toolbox 2011, and also took home the Miss Photogenic trophy in Model Search 2004.
- Joe Klocek has appeared on Comedy Central, was voted SF Weekly's 2011 funniest comic in the city, was runner-up in the San Francisco and Seattle comedy competitions and is the co-creator of the storytelling show, Previously Secret Information. Check him out at StandupJoe.com
- Nichi Hodgson is an English author, journalist and broadcaster trying to give up sex work – for Lent, at least. She likes etymological jokes, faux boxing, Elizabethan Love Poetry and all things pomegranate-alcoholic.
- Ned Mayhem is a physics graduate student who moonlights as a queer porn performer. Ned co-founded the PSIgasm Project in 2010 with his partner and the project’s brainparent, Maggie Mayhem. When they aren’t hacking dildos to quantify arousal response, Ned and Maggie run the independent DIY porn site MeetTheMayhems.com showcasing the couple’s own brand of perversely heartwarming queer sexuality. As an adult performer Ned has appeared in films that have been recognized at Cinekink, AVN, and the Feminist Porn Awards. Ned also uses the software he has developed for MeetTheMayhems to empower other adult performers and independent studios to control their own web presence. Ned’s software runs such a bunch of sexy local queer sights, and he talks and writes about his love of queer porn technology as often and widely as possible. If you want to chat – or screw – drop him a line!
- Ryan Reed moved to San Francisco three years ago to finally start an adult life for himself. Unfortunately, that never happened and everything else that did (including the ridiculous adventure he’ll be sharing tonight and many others like it) is responsible for the man you see before you now. When Ryan isn’t pimping out his beautiful body as an amateur sex worker, you can find him on the web or in a sling, giving it away for free until the phone rings. If Ryan had one wish for the world, it would be for decent lube that doesn’t stain your sheets. And therapy for everyone in the audience tonight. But since Ryan is still broke and hustling to pay his own damn rent, you’re on your own for that. Consider yourself warned: Ryan Reed is not for the squeamish or sexually repressed.
- Blythe Baldwin is a writer, poet, & visual artist. As an outspoken & unapologetic queer she spreads a sexpositive outlook through the arts. She has featured at The San Francisco Queer Open Mic & performs regularly in the Bay Area. She spends her nights writing & drawing comics.
- Dixie De La Tour has been welcoming newcomers to San Francisco’s sexual underground for over 15 years – from creating, volunteering for and managing sex positive events, to producing private parties, to teaching workshops and writing about sex/dating and much more. She founded Bawdy Storytelling, (the Nation’s original sex and storytelling series featuring Real People & Rockstars) 6 years ago – Thanks for coming to our Anniversary party! Dixie wants to take Bawdy everywhere so that other cities can share their stories and build community, too. In addition to Bawdy Storytelling, she produces BawdySlam (a story slam with prizes and a chance to win the title of Dirtiest Storyteller in your city) and she’s about to launch BawdyTalks (an sexuality-based event like TEDTalks). In addition to producing events, she teaches Storytelling for Perverts and the upcoming workshop, Fearless Storytelling.
When & Where
Bawdy Storytelling ("The Moth for Pervs" - LA Weekly) is America's Original Sex+Storytelling series featuring Real People & Rockstars sharing their bona fide sexual exploits, live onstage. This award-winning performance series is currently monthly in San Francisco and Los Angeles, & expanding to new cities every day. Storytellers are an eclectic mix of authors, sex educators, poets, comedians and actors - along with real people just like YOU who have submitted their stories online and were chosen for their panache and sense of (mis)adventure.
Wanna get Bawdy? Contact Dixie@BawdyStorytelling.com