Friday, September 6th, 2013
at the Verdi Club (2424 Mariposa Street, San Francisco CA)
Tickets $12 in Advance/ $15 at the Door
Remember: Doors at 7, Stories at 8
It's a FRIDAY NIGHT Bawdy, featuring John Woods of the Wet Spots, Kink Educator Princess Kali, SF Fringe storyteller Nell Weatherwax, a Biting Booth, Bang-O & so much more!
- ‘Savage Love meets Schoolhouse Rock’ singer-songwriter John Woods (of the Wet Spots)
- Kink Academy Founder & Dominatrix Princess Kali
- SF Fringe Performer & StoryZilla Nell Weatherwax
- Bawdy first timer Dan Girellini
- Comedian & Writer Heather Gold
- Road Warrior Lynae Zebest
- Sexy cocktail specials (Enjoy a Hand Job, Dixie’s Tits & more)
- Music by John Woods of the Wet Spots!
- Featuring the StoryZilla Biting Booth – Friendly Bites To Refresh and Revive! (“Everyone likes a nice bite; Biting is just smooching with teeth”)
- Prize Giveaways from LoveHoney.com
- And of course Bang-O, our already-infamous new ice breaker game. It’s the perfect way to learn *the good stuff* about your fellow audience members!
-Singer-Songwriter John Woods (of the Internationally acclaimed cabaret duo The Wet Spots) writes the most elegant songs about sex that you will ever hear. With his wife Cass, the pair presents an image that is vaudevillian, oversexed, and weirdly Canadian: Think sex club by way of Monty Python. Using a lively blend of original songs, audience interaction, spankings and singalongs, The Wet Spots draw their fans into a world where the libido is celebrated and satirized. John will be telling his first *story* at Bawdy!
- Princess Kali is a dynamic kink educator that focuses on power exchange, sexual confidence & other pervy fun stuff! Now, with over a decade of experience in exploring sexually alternative lifestyles & professions, her time is focused on running the revolutionary Erotication websites she’s founded over the last three years; Kink Academy, Passionate U, and Fearless Press.com
- Nell Weatherwax AKA The StoryZilla is visiting SF performing her solo stand-up storytelling show, The Storyzilla Full Frontal Human Movie at the SF Fringe Festival September 6 – 21. A feral diva at birth, she somehow grew up in one of those vaguely forgettable, mid-western states that start with a vowel. Currently residing in Bloomington (the oasis of Indiana), she is a self-employed medical support hypnotherapist, career counselor, creativity workshop facilitator and performing artist. She loves to hear a good true story almost as much as she loves to tell one. www.thestoryzilla.com www.sffringe.org
- Comedian and writer/performer Heather Gold is a hilarious and passionate voice for authenticity. She appears in colleges, venues and media across North America including SXSW, UCLA, Bowdoin, Google, SF Sketchfest, SXSW, ALtdotComedy, NPR and CBC's Definitely Not the Opera. She's best known for her interactive and conversational style and baked over 50,000 cookies with audiences in her hit interactive show “I Look Like an Egg, But I Identify as a Cookie,” which was selected by The Oakland Tribune as “Best of the Bay Area" and won Curve Magazine's Lesbian Theatre Award. Shotgun Theatre in Berkeley will remount the show this winter after it sold out last spring. Join the list at heathergold.com for first info about tickets and dates.
- Dan Girellini finally arrived home when he moved to San Francisco from New Jersey some years ago. He loves the Bay Area for all the wonderful people he gets to call his friends and family now. Often caught pushing bits through wires, he also spends time hiking through the woods, learning new things, throwing a plastic disc around, and collecting as many hugs as he can (not necessarily at the same time). He likes doing things that scare him and thus you find him on stage at Bawdy tonight.
- Lynae Zebest is a writer and artist. She can usually be found: behind the scenes at a performance art event, locked away in her abode making pretty sparkly things, or out in the world having unreal adventures.
- The Storyzilla Fringe Fest Charity Biting Booth (with Feral Grrrl) Enjoy a gentle, feral bite for (cost determined by location) Feral Girl bites where you and she decide together. Sit down, put on a blind fold, enjoy the steamy wash cloth, then let her have her feral way with you.
When & Where
Bawdy Storytelling ("The Moth for Pervs" - LA Weekly) is America's Original Sex+Storytelling series featuring Real People & Rockstars sharing their bona fide sexual exploits, live onstage. This award-winning performance series is currently monthly in San Francisco and Los Angeles, & expanding to new cities every day. Storytellers are an eclectic mix of authors, sex educators, poets, comedians and actors - along with real people just like YOU who have submitted their stories online and were chosen for their panache and sense of (mis)adventure.
Wanna get Bawdy? Contact Dixie@BawdyStorytelling.com