San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Winner of the SF Weekly’s 2013 Best of San Francisco, the LA Weekly’s 2013 Best Of Los Angeles & the SF Bay Guardian’s 2013 Best of the Bay Award
The evening includes*:
- Crossdresser & Erotic Photographer Uncle Mikey
- Journalist & Former Pro-Domme Nichi Hodgson
- Kinky Educator Princess Kali
- Singer/Songwriter Wesley Morgan
- The Kink Academy Cheerleaders
- Fashion Show by Mr S Leather
- Music by Joe Rut
- A special Fetish-themed Bang-O & more!
What’s your “thing?” You into belly buttons? Public sex? Girls in eye patches? Spanish accents? Dirty talk? Kick off 2014 in style with Dixie De La Tour & Bawdy Storytelling’s exploration of the wide and wonderful world of fetishes. It doesn’t matter if you are a weekend warrior with a latex Little Bo Peep outfit or live the lifestyle 24/7 & have your master’s name tattooed right next to that “All Deliveries in the Rear” tramp stamp, you’re sure to find something to tighten your trousers, dampen your panties (if you’re wearing them), & quicken your pulse. As always, Dixie invites her A-list of self-proclaimed freaks, geeks, sex nerds, & perverts to share their personal, very true, spare-us-no-details stories.
Join us this month as Bawdy Storytelling – the high gloss to your latex brain – presents a baker’s half-dozen of ballsy, dirty oversharers who will tell their honest to badness true stores of discovery that range from mild to mindf*ck, & go beyond the green door to explore a wide range of paraphilias, firsthand style. & to ring in the New Year with a bang, stick around for special fetish-themed performances (cheerleaders, music, a mind-blowing fashion show hosted by Dixie, & per usual, the audience participation game Bang-O!). So unlock the gimp and head down to the Verdi Club on January 8th to start 2014 in style
* This theme is Inspired by Author Jesse Bering’s new book “Perv: The Sexual Deviant in All of Us.” Buy it!
** Performers subject to change – it’s cold & flu season, people!
Storyteller Bios & Performances:
- Princess Kali is a dynamic kink educator that focuses on power exchange, sexual confidence & other pervy fun stuff! Now, with over a decade of experience in exploring sexually alternative lifestyles & professions, her time is focused on running the revolutionary Erotication websites she’s founded over the last three years; Kink Academy, Passionate U, and Fearless Press.com
- Uncle Mikey is a graphic designer and cartoonist, as well as a drag queen and fetish photographer. He will be telling the story of how a lifelong fascination with the green babe on Star Trek, bad gaydar, poor judgment and quick thinking led to a first kiss with a now-spouse. Although he fancies himself a raconteur par excellence, this is his second time storytelling in front of a crowd and he is (still) scared shitless.
- Swamp Noir singer, songwriter, and guitarist Wesley Morgan has released his first EP titled Backroom In Tulsa. Recorded and mixed by Grammy Award winning engineer Oz Fritz (Tom Waits, Primus, Bill Laswell), the four original songs on this EP provide a first glimpse at the singer’s dark blend of broken down blues and junkyard americana, evoking comparisons to Tom Waits, Randy Newman, and Chris Isaak – he’s at www.thewesleymorgan.com
- Nichi Hodgson is an English author, journalist and broadcaster trying to give up sex work – for Lent, at least. She likes etymological jokes, faux boxing, Elizabethan Love Poetry and all things pomegranate-alcoholic.
- Joe Rut was born. Sometime later, he started playing guitar, writing songs, and eating donuts. He realizes the donuts are killing him. Best not to bring it up. Roughly working in the “Americana” genre, Rut doesn’t seem to be guarding the border very closely. In a nod to his eclecticism, his fans have compared him to influences as disparate as Todd Snider, They Might Be Giants, Frank Zappa, and Ween. Nobody compares him to Moby. Rut has played many stages (Fillmore, Great American Music Hall), and festivals, but the only place that had a good donut was the Glastonbury Music Festival.
- Kink Academy is a comprehensive library of sex-ed videos for adventurous, consenting adults. With over 1000 sex-ed videos and over 100 sexuality educators, Kink Academy is a massive resource for sexual information that only keeps growing in value. The Kink Academy Team works with sex educators from around the world to present the most diverse and experienced voices possible for your ongoing sexual education. Whether you’re new to kink or an experienced player, there’s something for everyone to learn on KinkAcademy.com.
- Mr. S Leather designs and manufactures Leather, Rubber and Neoprene clothing, all in our San Francisco based production department. We are also one of the largest retailers of gear and toys for the gay (and straight) fetish community; Mr. S has been bringing you the good stuff for over 30 years. We’re located in the SOMA district of San Francisco and are a destination for both tourists and locals alike. Come by and see us on 8th Street or visit http://www.mr-s-leather.com/
When & Where
Bawdy Storytelling ("The Moth for Pervs" - LA Weekly) is America's Original Sex+Storytelling series featuring Real People & Rockstars sharing their bona fide sexual exploits, live onstage. This award-winning performance series is currently monthly in San Francisco and Los Angeles, & expanding to new cities every day. Storytellers are an eclectic mix of authors, sex educators, poets, comedians and actors - along with real people just like YOU who have submitted their stories online and were chosen for their panache and sense of (mis)adventure.
Wanna get Bawdy? Contact Dixie@BawdyStorytelling.com