San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
‘Paraphilia: Lust Outside the Norm’
Sunday, December 15th, 2013
Remember: Doors at 7:30, Stories at 8:30!
at Busby’s East
5364 Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90036
- OKCupid dating coach Charlie Nox
- Sister of Perpetual Indulgence ‘Floozy!’ Flora Goodthyme
- More storytellers to come
- Ukelele Sinsation Alicyn Packard
- Story Enticements from Big Teaze Toys
- & *YOU*! This event is part Curated show, Part BawdySlam where the audience competes for sexy prizes
Get ready to learn some amazing things about friends and strangers
- we’re talking *FETISHES* people!
Find your Paraphilia here, or teach us something new:
3 curated storytellers will get the ball rolling, then Join us for BawdySlam – the mouthier little sister to Bawdy Storytelling – for ‘Paraphilia: Lust Outside the Norm,’ & the opportunity for “YOU, the spectator” to become “YOU, the participant.” Sign up for the chance to get on the storied Bawdy Storytelling stage to bare your soul for 5 quick minutes, as you tell your story to a smart, funny, sexy, willing, kinky and receptive audience.
Doors & Sign-up to compete at 7:30 PM/Contest starts right after our curated stories
Put your name into the hat to tell a 5 minute story on this month’s theme at the beginning of the show. Names submitted will be drawn at random and a team of judges will be selected from the audience to rate the stories on
- The storyteller’s performance/construction of their tale
- How the story connects to the theme (& about sex/kink/etc)
- How well the storyteller honors the time limit (points will be subtracted for stories that exceed the time limit)
Prizes will be awarded – and this month’s Slam winner will compete in the BawdySlam Championships farther down the line. Now you can to compete* with all those true-ly racy tales you hear each month with your very own personal tale …and perhaps even win the title of Dirtiest Storyteller in Los Angeles!
*Just want to listen to crazy stories? We support that – and hope to inspire you to go out and create your own.
- Featured as one of the Top 100 Sex Bloggers of 2012, Charlie Nox has been dishing out dating advice since middle school. From hand drawn diagrams of female anatomy, to kissing lessons for the 13 year old boys behind the big tree after school, she has always loved talking about (and exploring) sexuality. Charlie has spoken with university and high school students around the country about sex, dating, and relationships; she has told dirty stories at erotic storytelling showcases; and she often speaks at international conferences like BIL, CatalystCon, and SXSW.
In addition to writing and speaking, Charlie is a boutique sex and dating coach. She works with all kinds of clients, but specializes in those who have specific and often significant barriers to dating – she prefers to call it Extreme Dating! Issues she has tackled include being an adult virgin, being transgendered, dating with a chronic illness, being anorgasmic, and polyamorous dating, among other non-normative experiences. She is currently writing a book about dating with cancer, based on her own experiences as a single cancer survivor.
- Sister “Floozy!” Flora Goodthyme has been a member of the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence and kicking Butt in the community for over 10 years, for the past 13 years Sister Floozy! has been a freelance Make-up Artist for the Mitchell Brothers O’Farrell Theater and has worked on the beautiful women of the Miss USA and Miss Universe pageants, while teaching make up courses for Kryolan and the Academy of Art..activist, artist, dj, freak and world traveler, Sister Floozy has seen or done it all while still trying to push the envelope.
- As a stand-up comic, Alicyn Packard’s unique brand of sweet and sassy has graced the stages of The World Famous Improv, The Comedy Store, The Ha Ha Cafe, and Room 5, among others. Her comedic songwriting skills are on full display as she incorporates her witty and distinctively catchy, pop-infused ukulele ditties into her stand-up routine. You can find her online at AlicynPackard.com
When & Where
Bawdy Storytelling ("The Moth for Pervs" - LA Weekly) is America's Original Sex+Storytelling series featuring Real People & Rockstars sharing their bona fide sexual exploits, live onstage. This award-winning performance series is currently monthly in San Francisco and Los Angeles, & expanding to new cities every day. Storytellers are an eclectic mix of authors, sex educators, poets, comedians and actors - along with real people just like YOU who have submitted their stories online and were chosen for their panache and sense of (mis)adventure.
Wanna get Bawdy? Contact Dixie@BawdyStorytelling.com