A rare Friday night Bawdy Storytelling! Come see what all the fuss is about...
Winner of the SF Weekly *and* the LA Weekly 2013 'Best Of' Award for (Sexy) Storytelling
Winner of the San Francisco Bay Guardian’s 2013 Award for 'Best Literary Event'
- Midnight Movie Icon Joshua Grannell (aka Peaches Christ)
- The Rumpus co-owner/Buzzfeed editor Isaac Fitzgerald
- Comedian & Mission Position Radio Host Kate Willett
- Fulfiller of forbidden fantasies Vince Clarthough
- Kinky Barista Raven Dunn
- God-fearing lesbian Sullivan
- Internet Superstar-in-hiding Bexie Stark
- Music by Wesley Morgan
- Sexy cocktails and a special Bad Idea Bang-O
- Kinky Bang-O prizes from Aslan Leather, Vixen Creations & Daedalus Publishing
Oooh, an evening of Bad Decisions!
Have you ever have that moment where you wake up in a small county jail without your shoelaces, belt, or dignity? How about some random bed where you try to remember where your pants are, where the handcuff key is, and why your ass hurts? Perhaps Anal Experimentation with hilarious results? Yeah, Me neither. But have you ever wanted to hear stories from people who have, though? Yeah, us too!
This month, Bawdy Storytelling - the Jager shot in your orange juice - presents: 'It Seemed like a Good Idea at the Time...', 6 - wait, SEVEN! - totally true tales of identifying a bad idea, acknowledging a bad idea, and going through with that bad idea. If you’ve been telling your friends about this mind-boggling fun storytelling event, this month's show is a great intro to what Bawdy Storytelling is: edgy, explicit, smart, and ultimately completely social, And if you arrive at the show and find an angle without representation, turn to your neighbor and help us cover all the bases. EVERYBODY has a story for this theme!
Tickets $15 in Advance / $20 at the Door
Remember: Doors at 7, Stories at 8!
- Peaches Christ (stage name for Joshua Grannell) is an American underground drag performer, emcee, filmmaker, and actor. Peaches' Midnight Mass is a popular San Francisco midnight movie event series begun in the summer of 1998 at the movie theater that Joshua Grannell/Peaches Christ managed, The Landmark Theatres Bridge Theater in San Francisco, California. The elaborate pre-show stage productions, guest stars, and drag spectacles continue to draw sell-out crowds. Special guest stars have included Mink Stole, Tura Satana, Mary Woronov, RuPaul, Erica Gavin, Patrick Bristow, Cassandra Peterson (Elvira, Mistress of the Dark), John Waters, and more.
- Isaac Fitzgerald has been a firefighter, worked on a boat, and been given a sword by a king, thereby accomplishing three out of five of his childhood goals. He has also written for The Bold Italic, Mother Jones, and The San Francisco Chronicle. He is a co-owner of The Rumpus, co-founder of Pen & Ink, and former director of publicity at McSweeney’s. He is the editor of BuzzFeed Books.
- Kate Willett is a San Francisco based comedian and actress. She’s appeared in SF Sketchfest, in the San Francisco Comedy Competition, and at clubs, theaters and dive bars all over. San Francisco Magazine says she’s a comedian you should know about. As an actress, she has performed throughout the United States with companies such as Shakespeare and Company, Word for Word, Woman’s Will and the Samuel Beckett Theater in Dublin, Ireland. She is the host of a weekly radio show, called The Mission Position on radiovalencia.fm. She’s also the co-producer of the weekly Mission Position show in Lost Weekend Video’s famous Cine Cave, Comikaze Lounge, and Comedy at Deluxe.
- Vince Clarthough writes erotica, and every once in a while he lives out the stories. By day, he is a programmer who lives in Oakland, California, where none of you San Franciscans ever go. In his free time he cooks, plays board games, creates technological art, and spins firey things on ropes and chains. He yearns to fall in love and fulfill his fantasies; not necessarily in that order.
- An escapee from small town Texas -and southern Orange County - having narrowly avoided becoming a missionary - Raven Dunn's been living in the Bay Area for over a decade now. She's doing her steady best to make up for her mis-spent youth as a good girl, and has become very, very good indeed. Now safely past the point where she might ever be considered electable to public office, she is taking a leave of absence from her primary hobby of making coffee at Wicked Grounds. Instead she is spending her time cooking, writing and fucking.
- Sullivan is an aspiring epidemiologist and Quaker who loves getting beaten, embroidery and communicable diseases. You can hear her on Bawdy Storytelling's very first podcast episode 'The Ministry of Pleasure' (available on iTunes and Libsyn).
- Bexie Stark is a host, writer and all-around goddess of gab. She's currently an anchor for a live daily lifestyle show and co-host of a weekly pop culture review. She's displayed her storytelling skillz at NPR’s "The Moth" as well as other story slams around LA (where she recently moved from), which inspired her to produce and host her very own monthly storytelling and variety show. Bexie likes to wear purple as much as humanly possible, believes in unicorns, wants her own direwolf and thinks oversharing is super sexy.
- Wesley Morgan performs a dark blend of broken down blues, junkyard americana, and gritty country with sexy lyrics that dwell on the darker side of creation. This style of music is called Swamp Noir, and it is perfect soundtrack for a night of sin. Find his music and upcoming shows at www.thewesleymorgan.com
"The Moth for Perve" - LA Weekly
America's Original Sex + Storytelling Event featuring Real People & Rockstars sharing their Sexual Exploits in 10 minutes or less
When & Where
Bawdy Storytelling ("The Moth for Pervs" - LA Weekly) is America's Original Sex+Storytelling series featuring Real People & Rockstars sharing their bona fide sexual exploits, live onstage. This award-winning performance series is currently monthly in San Francisco and Los Angeles, & expanding to new cities every day. Storytellers are an eclectic mix of authors, sex educators, poets, comedians and actors - along with real people just like YOU who have submitted their stories online and were chosen for their panache and sense of (mis)adventure.
Wanna get Bawdy? Contact Dixie@BawdyStorytelling.com