San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Winner of *BOTH* the SF Weekly & the LA Weekly’s 2013 ‘Best Of’ Awards for Sexy Storytelling!
Winner of the SF Bay Guardian’s ‘Best Of 2013′ for Best Literary Event!
Thursday, November 21st, 2013
at Busby’s East
5364 Wilshire Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90036
Remember: Doors at 7:30, Stories at 8:30
- TransMan & Stand-up Superhero Ian Harvie
- Rumpus contributor & Author Antonia Crane
- Coming Out Kinky's Jean Franzblau
- Story Enticements from Big Teaze Toys
- X-rated stories, sexy cocktails & then BawdySlam, where you get onstage & compete for amazing prizes!
Oooh, an evening of Bad Decisions!
Have you ever have that moment where you wake up in a small county jail without your shoelaces, belt, or dignity? How about some random bed where you try to remember where your pants are, where the handcuff key is, and why your ass hurts? Perhaps Anal Experimentation with hilarious results? Yeah, Me neither. But have you ever wanted to hear stories from people who have, though? Yeah, us too!
This month, Bawdy Storytelling - the Jager shot in your orange juice - presents: 'It Seemed like a Good Idea at the Time...', an evening of identifying a bad idea, acknowledging a bad idea, and going through with that bad idea. If you’ve been telling your friends about this mind-boggling fun storytelling event, this month's show is a great intro to what Bawdy Storytelling is: edgy, explicit, smart, and ultimately completely social, And if you arrive at the show and find an angle without representation, put your name into the hat to tell YOUR story and help us cover all the bases - EVERYBODY has a story for this theme!
- No matter who you are, who you love or where you come from, Ian Harvie will make you feel as though you are family. His wickedly funny stories are couched in an amiable personality that could put any audience at ease, while his folksy, ingenuous delivery almost – but not quite – tempers his zinger punch lines, making them not just hilarious but seriously twisted. Ian’s feature-length concert film IAN HARVIE SUPERHERO has been an official selection of over 20 film festivals world wide, including Outfest in Los Angeles, Frameline in San Francisco, Homochrom in Germany, to name a few. Find his film, tour bookings & more at www.ianharvie.com
- Antonia Crane is a writer and runner in Los Angeles. She teaches Media Writing at UCSD to students who know more about Tumblr than she does. Her memoir about her mother’s illness and the sex industry “Spent” is forthcoming on Barnacle Books in 2014. Her other work can be found in The Heroin Chronicles, Soft Skull Press’ Johns, Marks, Tricks & Chickenhawks: Professionals & Their Clients Writing about Each Other, The Rumpus, Dame Magazine, Salon, PANK magazine, Black Clock, Frequencies, Slake, The Los Angeles Review and other places.
- Jean Franzblau is the writer/performer and producer of the play, Coming Out Kinky - A Grown Up Story which features themes of sexual curiosity, empowerment, and an introduction to S&M. Jean is also a corporate training professional. She has given presentations on customer service and communication skills in six countries for up to three hundred people. Jean started off as a kid performer in Hollywood, Florida. After UCLA, she found herself most successful as an actress when she began to write. Her debut YouTube video, Internet Dating still makes audiences laugh thirteen years later. Find her at KinkyJean.com.
When & Where
Bawdy Storytelling ("The Moth for Pervs" - LA Weekly) is America's Original Sex+Storytelling series featuring Real People & Rockstars sharing their bona fide sexual exploits, live onstage. This award-winning performance series is currently monthly in San Francisco and Los Angeles, & expanding to new cities every day. Storytellers are an eclectic mix of authors, sex educators, poets, comedians and actors - along with real people just like YOU who have submitted their stories online and were chosen for their panache and sense of (mis)adventure.
Wanna get Bawdy? Contact Dixie@BawdyStorytelling.com