San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Wednesday, April 23rd, 2014
at Busby’s East (in the Mile High Club)
5364 Wilshire Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90036
21+ up /Remember: Doors at 7:30, Stories at 8:30
Our Celebrity Judges for the Bawdy GrandSlam:
- Porn Icon/Author/Feminist Nina Hartley
- Mega-selling Sex Producer Ernest Greene
- LoveLine with Dr. Drew co-host & Sex with Emily podcast maven Dr. Emily Morse
This Epic evening of Dirty Storytelling includes…
- A Battle Royale between our LA BawdySlam Champions. Who will be the Dirtiest?!
- Music by The Turgidaires
- Grand Prizes from SportSheets & GrandOpening.com
- Bang-O is back! (Bawdy’s signature audience participation game)
- Sexy cocktails (Schlong Island Iced Tea, anyone?)
- Sex Sent Me to the ER just LOVES your stories, LA! They’re baaaaaack….
- Plus Giveaways from the company you’ve been hearing so much about, Sinthetics
& Our competing BawdySlam Champions…
- Sex Toy Entrepreneur Kim Airs
- Alternative Lifestyle Speaker Orpheus Black
- Celibate-gone-wrong Pat Dalpe
- Sex Educator Ashley Manta
- 2 Time BawdySlam winner KJ Middlebrooks
- Professional Storyteller Michael D McCarty
- Dating Coach Charlie Nox
It’s finally here… Bawdy Storytelling presents our much-awaited GrandSlam, pitting champion against champion for the Title of Dirtiest Storyteller in Los Angeles! Watch a full years’ worth of Sex + Storytelling Winners compete for the love and adoration of a smart, funny, sexy, willing, and receptive audience (hey, that’s you!)
A team of Celebrity Judges will rate the stories on
- The storyteller’s performance/construction of their tale
- How well the storyteller honors the time limit (points will be subtracted for stories that exceed the time limit)
- Stage performance, WOW factor and well, judges judge. Who knows what that special je ne sais quoi is? (Did you know that the meaning of ‘je ne said quoi’ means exactly that?) Come witness the magic firsthand to see what ranks at BawdySlam.
- Brace Yourself, the Prize Package & Bawdy Lovin’ Cup is something to be seen!
Our Celebrity Judges:
- Nina Hartley is a pioneering feminist worker, using her body in the service of promoting a sexually sane and literate society. She is thrilled to see a new generation of sex-positive performer/activists take its space and spread the good news about sex. For the past thirty years her rock-solid commitment to the importance of sexual autonomy has fueled Nina Hartley’s career in adult entertainment. As a performer, director, writer, educator, public speaker, and feminist thinker for all, no matter their orientation, she’s traveled the world to deliver her message. She believes that sexual freedom is a fundamental human right and welcomes the new social media opportunities for spreading her message of knowledge and empowerment to the widest number of people. She’s the author of, “Nina Hartley’s Guide to Total Sex,” from Avery Press. Putting to use her B.S. degree in nursing, she and her husband, I.S. Levine, have produced the million-selling sex-ed video series collectively known as “The Nina Hartley Guides,” from Adam & Eve, currently in its 38th episode. Still active in front of the camera, she and her husband live in Los Angeles.
- Dr. Emily Morse is a sex expert and host of the top downloaded sex and relationship advice podcast Sex with Emily. She has helped millions of people have the sex and relationships they want but could not figure out how to get. Emily has been voted the #1 dating and sex expert by DatingAdvice.com and the #1 dating and sex expert to follow on Twitter. Emily launched the Sex with Emily radio show and podcast in 2005 before becoming a Bravo television personality on Miss Advised. She is the author of the popular book Hot Sex: Over 200 Things You Can Try Tonight. She is a weekly guest co-host on the nationally syndicated radio show Loveline with Dr. Drew Pinsky. Emily has appeared as an expert on many television shows including: the Today Show, Dr. Drew HLN, The Doctors, Bravo TV, Inside Edition, Watch What Happens Live!, MSN, TMC, E!, Style Network, Playboy Radio, Cosmo Radio, and Candace Bushnell’s Show. She has also been featured in countless publications including: The New York Times, Los Angeles Times, San Francisco Chronicle, Detroit Free Press, Huffington Post, Glamour, CNN, USA Today, iVillage, Fitness, Cosmopolitan magazine, Men’s Health, and Women’s Health. Recently, Emily partnered with Anthony Sosnick, founder and CEO of Anthony Brands, a leader in natural based skin care. The two joined forces and conceived Emily & Tony; an intimate care line which fuses their areas of expertise and delivers a holistic experience.
- Since 1985, I.S. Levine (stage name Ernest Greene) has concentrated his efforts mainly in adult entertainment ventures, serving as Executive Editor of the best-selling adult magazine Hustler’s Taboo since 1999 and most recently as Chief Associate Editor for Hustler’s All-Sex issues. Under the stage name Ernest Greene, he has participated in the production of adult video for two decades as a performer, writer, director and producer. His body of work comprises over five hundred titles, including AVN award winners Strictly for Pleasure, Mask of Innocence, Tristan Taormino’s Ultimate Guide to Anal Sex for Women and Jenna Loves Pain. With his wife, Nina Hartley, he has served as producer and director of the Nina Hartley’s Guide series of adult sex education programs for video market leader Adam&Eve Pictures. The series has sold over three quarters of a million videos to date and now comprises forty titles. His own erotic features for Adam&Eve, O – The Power of Submission and Surrender of O, made between 2006 and 2008, have thus far seen sales nearing 100,000 units, making them among the biggest selling titles of that period. Levine is particularly well known for his groundbreaking approach to the presentation of unconventional sexuality related to consensual domination and submission. He has been active in the BDSM community for nearly thirty years, conducting workshops and seminars and serving as an officer of community groups. His activism also extends to the world of adult video production, where he held the position of chairman of the board of directors of The Adult Industry Medical Healthcare Foundation (AIM) for seven years and to his commentaries on the adult industry Blog for Pro-Porn Activism.
- After 25 years of self-imposed celibacy, Pat Dalpé burst back into sexuality with rare gusto, and she has a spreadsheet which details and ranks every delicious exploit. After a good year in 2013, she is going for several records in 2014. She has danced naked with snakes and cried after misadventures with clowns. Though willing to engage with spiritual sexuality, she has become an articulate spokeswoman for high functioning sluttiness instead, insisting on the right to be absolutely primal. In fact, dirty. Even better, dark and deviant. Her Bawdy win was for It Seemed Like A Good Idea at the Time.
- Some of life’s funkiest experiences make some of the best stories. Professional storyteller Michael D. McCarty has had a funk filled life and he shares his stories with intensity, humor and goo gobs of enthusiasm. His motto is,”Have Mouth. Will Run It!” And that’s the truth. This award-winning storyteller’s website is havemouthwillrunit.com
- Kim Airs is a multi-talented entrepreneur, writer, sexuality specialist and founder of the sexuality boutique, Grand Opening! Kim’s done just about everything in the adult industry including teaching hundreds of sex ed classes, having a one hour feature on HBO, consults for sex toy start ups, starring in her own one-woman show that premiered in Hollywood and consults with doctors and sex therapists. Kim has presented to dozens of colleges and professional organizations. She currently is the official sex toy blogger for XBIZ and has her own blog at KimAirs.com and enjoys running grandopening.com.
- Orpheus Black, BDSM/fetish educator, professional Dom, and alternative lifestyle speaker became a household name in the kink community after co-hosting the Severe Society internet radio show on the KSEX network in 2001. Incorporating a wide array of BDSM/fetish ideals, principles and philosophies, Orpheus created his signature D/s style—a holistic, psycho-sensuous approach to dominance. When not performing or educating, he hones his skills in performances at local hotspots including Bar Sinister and Lair de Sade. Hundreds of public performances, educational demonstrations, and private sessions later, Orpheus has become one of Hollywood’s most respected Doms and most innovative fire fetish performance artists. A favorite interviewee and contributor, he has lent his expertise on Playboy’s XM Radio show and Love, Sex and Hip Hop as well as other shows, magazines, and films. He is also a regular presenter at DomConLA and the founder of Cirque de Sade—a high profile Dominants group whose mission is to advance the art of BDSM through a commitment to innovation, excellence, and active leadership in the D/s, Ms and fetish performance art communities. When not teaching, counseling or performing, Orpheus can be found enjoying his 17-year polyfidelitous, polyamorous relationship.
- Charlie Nox is a (semi-retired) dating coach, OkCupid expert, and award winning sex blogger. She specializes in working with people with significant barriers to dating and was voted one of the Top 100 Sex Bloggers of 2012 and one of the Top 100 Sex Blogging Superheroes of 2013. She has blogged for The Huffington Post and spoken at high schools, colleges, and conferences across the country about dating and sexuality. Fun fact, she has also been publicly flogged by at least one of the judges in the last 12 months. Depending on how many drinks you buy her, that number might go up by the end of the night.
- Ashley Manta is a feminist sexuality educator, certified consulting hypnotist, and a self-proclaimed sex geek. It took her the better part of a decade to find her voice, but when she did, she decided to put it to work! She is a former phone sex operator and her first educational guide, “A Feminist’s Guide to Phone Sex,” was just published in March 2014. She speaks candidly and passionately about living with herpes and has done extensive work to promote acceptance and break the stigma surrounding STIs. She was recently hired as the E-Commerce Manager at the Pleasure Chest in Los Angeles.
You can find more about Ashley at AshleyManta.com
- Formed in 2013 for the express purpose of performing at Bawdy Storytelling, The Turgidaires are Marty Barrett, Mrs. Hobbs, and Kesh, who perform a distinctive blend of Come-Hither Folk, which they invented.
- Sinthetics are life-size anatomically-correct fully articulated silicone manikins (male, female, transgender and fantasy styles!). Each one is handmade in our Los Angeles studio to your specifications down to the last detail. We strive for the greatest appearance of life in each piece we make. We also make ancillary product catering to different markets. An example is our Vajankle – a sexy foot with a usable vagina in the ankle for our foot fetishists. We also cater heavily to the FTM Transgender market with our super realistic line of penises and packers. Everything we do is made with love for love using the highest quality platinum silicone. The Devil is in the Details! Learn more at http://sinthetics.com/about/
- A note from the TV show ‘Sex Sent Me to the ER‘:
This month’s Bawdy Storytelling’s LA, event is the GrandSlam Championships and we can’t wait to hear what stories top the adventurous tales we’ve been hearing as a part of TLC’s Sex Sent Me to the ER’s casting team. Members from the casting team will be attending this month’s event and cannot wait to hear your stories about trying new things sexually, whether they have succeeded or not!
From the producers of Untold Stories of the ER, comes Sex Sent Me to the ER. We’re looking for fun, real-life couples (dating, married, or broken up) who have had a bizarre or hilarious medical mishap that sent them swinging through the doors of the emergency room. If you’re interested in sharing an outrageous story with the team, come find us at Bawdy’s GrandSlam Championship event and tell us all about it!
When & Where
Bawdy Storytelling ("The Moth for Pervs" - LA Weekly) is America's Original Sex+Storytelling series featuring Real People & Rockstars sharing their bona fide sexual exploits, live onstage. This award-winning performance series is currently monthly in San Francisco and Los Angeles, & expanding to new cities every day. Storytellers are an eclectic mix of authors, sex educators, poets, comedians and actors - along with real people just like YOU who have submitted their stories online and were chosen for their panache and sense of (mis)adventure.
Wanna get Bawdy? Contact Dixie@BawdyStorytelling.com