San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Friday, June 13th, 2014
at Re-Bar Seattle
1114 Howell Street, Seattle WA
21+ up /Remember: Doors at 7:00, Stories at 7:30 PBawdySlam's theme is: ‘Gettin' Lucky!’ (in honor of Fri the 13th)
Curated Storytellers include:
- Sexuality Rockstar Reid Mihalko
- Polyamory Weekly podcast host Cunning Minx
- Seattle Performance artist & sex educator Koe Creation
- Music by Rachel Lark
- & *YOU*! This event is part curated show, Part BawdySlam where the audience competes for sexy prizes & the Title of Dirtiest Storyteller in Seattle!
- Kissing booth to benefit Scarleteen!
- Giveaways and Prizes from Wet Lubricants
Have you ever wished that you could show up at Bawdy to spontaneously tell your own story on stage? Now you can: Introducing BawdySlam, the uncurated, on-the-fly version of Bawdy Storytelling. What’s different? BawdySlam has a zippier time frame, the thrill of competition and a show that’s full of audience participation. You’ll never know what’s coming next (and neither will Dixie).
Sign up at the start of the event to tell a 5 minute story on that evening's theme - in honor of Friday the 13th, our theme is 'Gettin' Lucky!’
Names submitted will be drawn at random from a hat, and a team of judges will be selected from the audience to rate the stories on:
- The storyteller’s performance/construction of their tale
- How the story connects to the theme (& about sex)
- How well the storyteller honors the time limit (points will be subtracted for stories that exceed the time limit)
* Just want to listen to crazy stories? We support that - and hope to inspire you to go out and create your own.
Tickets $12 in Advance at Bawdy Tickets / $15 at the Door
21+ up /Remember: Doors at 7:00, Stories at 7:30 PM
- Sex and relationship expert Reid Mihalko teaches adults how to create more self-esteem, self-confidence and greater health and satisfaction in and out of the bedroom. Reid is a sought after speaker who lectures at colleges across the country and has presented and keynoted at dozens of conferences on relationships and sexuality. The workshops he’s designed continue to be taught all over the world and have been attended by over 40,000 people. Reid has appeared on CBS’ The Doctors, Oprah’s Our America with Lisa Ling on OWN, Bravo’s Miss Advised, the Emmy award-winning talk show Montel, Fox News, VH1, Showtime’s Penn & Teller’s Bulls**t!, on NPR, Sirius’ Maxim Radio and Cosmo Radio, and in Marie Claire, GQ, Details, Seventeen, People, Newsweek, The Washington Post and The National Enquirer, as well as media across the globe in twenty-seven countries and at least fourteen languages. His website is reidaboutsex.com, and you can follow Reid on Twitter at @ReidAboutSex or stalk him on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ReidAboutSex
- Cunning Minx is the sultry-voiced producer and host of the Polyamory Weekly podcast, now with nearly 400 episodes in production. The podcast shares tales from the front of responsible non-monogamy from a pansexual, kink-friendly point of view. A kinky boobiesexual, Minx founded the show as a resource for the poly and poly-curious to form a community, share experiences and help guide each other on their journeys of poly and kinky exploration. Minx has been a submissive, bottom and otherwise generally non-dominant type for the past ten years. Minx has spoken on poly, kinky and Web 2.0 community-building topics at ShibariCon, Geek Girl Con, CatalystCon, MomentumCon, Atlanta Poly Weekend, Sex 2.0, Leather Leadership Conference, Dragon*Con, GD2, Heartland Polyamory Conference, New York Poly Pride and Poly Living. The Poly Weekly podcast is the winner of the 2007 Erotic Award for Best Podcast and has received accolades from ErosZine, Fleshbot and the Chicago Sun-Times.
- Koe Creation is a Second Generation Polyamorous, Kinky, Sex Educator; hailing from the overlap of Seattle's alternative communities. Growing up in Sex Positive culture Koe's involved in the BDSM & Polyamorous world has only grown as ze has gotten older. Koe is ecstatic to finally be stepping out into the national scene as an educator and advocate and hopes that you will find the time to come to per; asking the question 'So, what was it like; growing up Poly?'
- Rachel Lark is a multi-instrumentalist rock star. Also known as “that girl with the toy piano” and “this crazy chick who plays drums backwards,” Lark has been stunning audiences throughout the bay with her special blend of unique arrangements and deadly songwriting. She also doubles as half of the dream pop duo, Snow Angel, and the lead singer for San Francisco prog-rockers, Antioquia. Check her out at larksongs.comM
When & Where
Bawdy Storytelling ("The Moth for Pervs" - LA Weekly) is America's Original Sex+Storytelling series featuring Real People & Rockstars sharing their bona fide sexual exploits, live onstage. This award-winning performance series is currently monthly in San Francisco and Los Angeles, & expanding to new cities every day. Storytellers are an eclectic mix of authors, sex educators, poets, comedians and actors - along with real people just like YOU who have submitted their stories online and were chosen for their panache and sense of (mis)adventure.
Wanna get Bawdy? Contact Dixie@BawdyStorytelling.com