***Winner of *BOTH* the LA Weekly & the SF Weekly’s 2013 ‘Best Of’ Awards for Sexy Storytelling!***
***Winner of the SF Bay Guardian’s ‘Best Of 2013′ for Best Literary Event!***
- 8X Moth Story Slam Winner & VoiceOver King Bill Ratner
- POP Culture Internet Sensation Becca Frucht
- Beloved Sexuality Coach Lady Cheeky
- Dirty Ukelele Diva Deanna Neil
- Grand Prize package from Sex Ed SuperHeroes ReidAboutSex.com & Lady Cheeky
- Story Enticements from Screaming O & Daedalus Publishing
- Safe sex giveaways from One Condoms
This month, Bawdy Storytelling - the back alley rim job to your turgid psyche - presents: 'And I Never Saw that Person Again...', an evening of OKCupid trysts, Dive Bar Hookups & Lust at First Sight. Plus we'll be hosting Lady Cheeky's Birthday party - come eat some cake, get onstage and make some open-minded new friends~
What is Bawdy? X-rated stories & music, sexy cocktails & then BawdySlam, a story slam where YOU get onstage & compete for amazing prizes!
Sign up to compete at 7:30 / Contest starts at 8:30 PM
A limited number of $15 Tickets sold at the Door
If you’ve been telling your friends about this mind-boggling fun storytelling event, this month's show is a great intro to what Bawdy Storytelling is: edgy, explicit, smart, and completely social, And if you arrive at the show and find an angle without representation, this show is curated THEN it's a Story Slam, so put your name into the hat to tell YOUR story and help us cover all the bases - cause EVERYBODY has a story for this theme!
Sign up at the start of the event to tell a 5 minute story on that evening's theme - this month, our theme is ‘..And I Never Saw Them Again.’ Names submitted will be drawn at random from a hat, and a team of judges will be selected from the audience to rate the stories on:
- The storyteller’s performance/construction of their tale
- How the story connects to the theme (& about sex)
- How well the storyteller honors the time limit (points will be subtracted for stories that exceed the time limit)
Prizes will be awarded - and this month’s Slam winner will compete in the BawdySlam Championships farther down the line. Now you can to compete* with all those true-ly racy tales you hear each month with your very own personal tale – and perhaps even win the title of Dirtiest Storyteller in Los Angeles!
- Bill Ratner is an eight-time winner of The Moth Story Slams in Los Angeles and a Best of Hollywood Fringe Festival Extension 2012 & 2013 Honoree for Solo Performance. His spoken word pieces are featured on KCRW’s Strangers, National Public Radio’s Good Food, and The Business. Bill does voiceovers for movie trailers, documentaries, commercials, cartoons, and video games. He is the voice of “Flint” on G.I. Joe, Family Guy, and Robot Chicken. His personal essays and short fiction are published in The Baltimore Review, The Missouri Review, Blue Lake Review, The Pleiades, Southern Anthology, Hobo Pancakes, Papier Maché Press, TV Marquee, and Metastasis (WolfSinger Publications.) More info at http://www.billratner.com
- Sex educator, writer & coach Lady Cheeky (Elle Chase), curates two multi-award-winning sexuality sites. www.LadyCheeky.com (NSFW), a steamy, sensual images blog that expresses salacious desire, body-positive sensuality and authentic passion. Her editorial site, www.SmutForSmarties.com, is a sex and body positive companion where one can find articles and essays on sexuality and tales of erotic indulgence. Last year, the LA Weekly named Smut For Smarties Best Sex Blog. LadyCheeky.com was included in Salon.com’s Best of Tumblr Porn and Top 10 Kinky Sex Sites of DatingAdvice.com. As a writer, Lady Cheeky’s work has published in Rachel Kramer Bussel’s The Big Book of Orgasms and her essays and sex advice have appeared in The Frisky, Gasm.org, DatingAdvice.com and Kinkly.com. Lady Cheeky has also contributed to, or been profiled in; The Huffington Post, AVN Magazine, XBIZ and The Rumpus .
- Becca Frucht is a host, writer and all-around goddess of gab. She's currently a TV anchor for a daily entertainment news show and co-host of a weekly pop culture review. She's displayed her storytelling skillz at NPR’s "The Moth" as well as other story slams around LA (she recently moved back to LA from San Francisco - she’s a regular at Bawdy’s mainstage /curated event). Her love of storytelling inspired her to produce and host her very own monthly storytelling and variety show, TMI Live. Becca likes to wear purple as much as humanly possible, believes in unicorns, wants her own direwolf and thinks oversharing is super sexy.
- Deanna Neil is a singer, playwright, journalist, teaching artist, and award-winning children's novelist focusing on the National Parks, particularly Yellowstone. Time Magazine for Kids called her a "Hero for the Planet." Chuck D used to drop her off at home after her producing job at Air America Radio in New York. Once, she studied in Italy to be an opera singer. Another time, she created a solo cabaret and performed it on a barge in London. She is currently a bar/bat mitzvah mentor and officiant and the Director of the Jewish Learning Center at the Silverlake Independent JCC. Sometimes she likes to take her glasses off and be sexy. www.deedeebird.com
* Just want to listen to crazy stories? We support that - and hope to inspire you to go out and create your own.
“The Moth for Pervs” – LA Weekly
America’s Original Sex + Storytelling Event featuring Real People & Rockstars sharing their Sexual Exploits in 10 minutes or less
When & Where
Bawdy Storytelling ("The Moth for Pervs" - LA Weekly) is America's Original Sex+Storytelling series featuring Real People & Rockstars sharing their bona fide sexual exploits, live onstage. This award-winning performance series is currently monthly in San Francisco and Los Angeles, & expanding to new cities every day. Storytellers are an eclectic mix of authors, sex educators, poets, comedians and actors - along with real people just like YOU who have submitted their stories online and were chosen for their panache and sense of (mis)adventure.
Wanna get Bawdy? Contact Dixie@BawdyStorytelling.com