San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Bawdy Storytelling's very first New York City event!
***Please share with your NYC contacts, Thanks!***
Thursday, October 25th
Doors at 7, Stories at 8
An exclusive event in a private Manhattan loft (Near Chelsea – location emailed to ticket purchasers 24 hrs prior to event)
- ‘SuperNova of Kink’ & Sex Educator Midori
- Marketplace & Leather Women series Author Laura Antoniou
- AVN Awards Hall of Fame porn star & radio host Sinnamon Love
- Pervy Artist & Instigator Nayland Blake
- UrbanErotika host & producer Mo Beasley
- Musical sensation Jessica Delfino
Bawdy Storytelling – the express train that always goes downtown – is approaching its sixth notorious year in San Francisco and Oakland, and we wanna get out and see how the rest of the country does ‘it.’ So we’re launching in new cities everyday… Next stop: New York!
Join the celebrated Dame of the Dirty Dish, Miss Dixie De La Tour (host & curatrix of Bawdy Storytelling) as she teams up for the first time with that infamous ‘SuperNova of Kink,’ Midori! We’re calling this racy evening of storytelling & socializing ‘Bawdy Luxe,’ and for one night only we invite you to rub elbows (& who knows what else?) with NYC’s Perveratti in a private Gotham loft with us. Drink, nosh & enjoy pornstars, kinkstars & surprise rockstar guests as they share true stories from their very twisted and sexy, sexy lives. What better way to build sex-positive community than to meet and be inspired by the city’s carnal cohorts?
Bawdy Luxe will take place at a chi-chi Manhattan loft (near Chelsea), and since social connection and community building is at the core of what we do, we’ll allow plenty of time to meet and mingle. But note: we won’t sell tickets at the door,* so get your tickets NOW. And keep an eye out for updates to our storyteller roster – we’re adding new big shots every day.
Remember: Doors at 7, Stories at 8
* This event’s address will be e-mailed after ticket purchase (location's address emailed 24 hours prior to showtime).
** Consider this an opening event for Midori’s always sold out FortéFemme Intensive workshop (October 26-28th). http://www.fhp-inc.com/fortefemme
- Frequent sightings of Midori from around the globe make us wonder if she ever sleeps or if she’s cloned her self. A sexuality educator, sex-positive activist, and artist, she’s made an improbable career out of being the traveling sexpert. Don’t miss the groundbreaking book “Seductive Art of Japanese Bondage” which first cracked open the mysteries to Westerners, the hot essays in “Wild Side Sex: The Book of Kink” and twisted dark science fiction in “Master Han’s Daughter”. Learn the basics in “Midori’s Expert Guide to Sensual Bondage” DVD. Don’t miss her other classes in your area! (www.FHP-inc.com). You’ll find her adventures, twitters, calendar and more at www.PlanetMidori.com
- Sinnamon Love is an adult film star, fetish model, professional dominatrix, writer, radio personality & single mom of 3 teenagers living in Brooklyn, NY. Since 1993, Love has appeared in over 250 hardcore movies, numerous men’s magazines and countless appearances on Playboy TV & Radio. In 2010, Sinnamon took on a year long tour with The Punany Poets of HBO’s “Real Sex” fame, a sex positive erotic poetry & sex education theater show. She is a frequent guest on Shade 45 on Sirius/ XM radio. Love is currently a staff writer & relationship columnist for TheWellVersed.com. In 2010 she was inducted into the Urban X Awards’ Hall of Fame followed by induction into the AVN Awards’ Hall of Fame in 2011. She is an outspoken Autism/ Asperger’s parent advocate and has recently taken on improving sex education in Inner City schools. Love can be heard on DTFRadio.com every Thursday night from midnight-2am on her radio show, Sex, Love and Hip Hop. Her show is a relationship advice show featuring good music, well known and underground hip hop artists, sex educators, adult stars and every day people, discussing real topics for the urban demographic.
- Laura Antoniou is the author of the well known, now 20-year-old Marketplace series of erotic BDSM novels, and many short stories, essays and rants cleverly disguised as speeches. In 2011, Laura won the John Preston Short Fiction Award from the National Leather Association, for her short story, “That’s Harsh,” which appears in the e-book edition of The Slave. In addition, she is the co-author (with her wife, Karen) of a ritually correct Leather Passover Seder, Avadim Chayanu (Once We Were Slaves). Laura had edited about a dozen erotic anthologies and appeared in many more. The Marketplace has been acquired by Audible to be produced for the first time as an audio book, and in 2013, her first mystery, The Killer Wore Leather and the 6th Marketplace book, The Inheritor, and the first collection of Marketplace fan fiction, No Safewords, are all slated for release. Her website is lantoniou.com; there you can follow her travels, book her for appearances and read an occasional tirade.
- Nayland Blake is a pervy Artist & Instigator, and his bio is coming soon.
- Mo Beasley is Founder, Producing Director, and Host of UrbanErotika produced by The LoveStorm Entertainment Group, LLC. Beasley’s wealth of professional experience and expertise from the world of theater, both on stage and behind-the-scene, helped him mold the brand into the successful “spoken-word theatre in concert” mainstay that it is today. He also frequently performs and conducts workshops at colleges, universities, conferences, and small-group seminars.
- Jessica Delfino is a critically acclaimed and award winning musician who has performed her quirky comedy songs all over the world in festivals, theaters, and on TV and the radio. Winner of a “Village Voice Choice” Award and the “ECNY Best Comedic Musician” award, Jessica has performed on Good Morning America, the Russell Brand radio show, the historic Loose Ends Programme on BBC4, at the infamous Reading and Leeds Festival among others, on Fox’s Red Eye with Greg Gutfeld, The Opie and Anthony Show and more. Jessica has also written songs for Morgan Spurlock’s “What Would Jesus Buy?” feature film and regularly performs at NYC’s most premiere music and comedy venues such as Joe’s Pub, Ars Nova, UCB and more. Two of her songs have “gone viral” on YouTube. Most recently, Jessica created the NY Funny Songs Festival.
Bawdy Luxe is proudly co-produced with International Fetish Sensation and Sex Educator Midori
When & Where
Bawdy Storytelling ("The Moth for Pervs" - LA Weekly) is America's Original Sex+Storytelling series featuring Real People & Rockstars sharing their bona fide sexual exploits, live onstage. This award-winning performance series is currently monthly in San Francisco and Los Angeles, & expanding to new cities every day. Storytellers are an eclectic mix of authors, sex educators, poets, comedians and actors - along with real people just like YOU who have submitted their stories online and were chosen for their panache and sense of (mis)adventure.
Wanna get Bawdy? Contact Dixie@BawdyStorytelling.com