Bastille Day at the Embassy of France
Friday, July 12, 2013 at 7:00 PM (EDT)
FRIDAY, JULY 12 FROM 7PM – 12AM
at The Embassy of France - La Maison Française
- General: $110
- Benefactor: $150 (Includes access to the embassy’s parking garage)
On Friday, July 12, the Embassy of France will welcome Washingtonians to Comité Tricolore’s spectacular annual Bastille Day celebration. Chefs from the most prestigious area restaurants will offer a buffet of mouth-watering creations! Throughout the evening, patrons will revel in an intoxicating mix of live jazz music, while enjoying cocktails served from the open bars and perusing the luxurious items in the one-of-a-kind silent auction!
Thanks to the traditions of each region in France, its diverse and refined cuisine is a major contributor to precious shared moments and lasting friendships. Come savor a delectable buffet of mouth-watering creations — both classic French dishes and modern twists — with some of Washington’s most renowned chefs. This Parisian celebration will also include authentic French pastries and an open bar of French wine, spirits and bubbly.
- 2941 Restaurant
- Bastille Restaurant
- Cafe du Parc at Willard Intercontinental
- Central Michel Richard
- Le Mediterranean Bistro
- Moorenko's ice cream
- Panorama Baking company
- Patisserie Poupon
- Paul USA
- Ris Restaurant
- Ronald Reagan International Trade Center
- Silver Spoon
- The Ritz Carlton Washington DC
- Bistro La Bonne
- Chez Billy
- Ici Urban Bistro at Sofitel Lafayette Square
- Petits Plats
- Bistrot Lepic & Wine Bar
- Smoked salmon
- Cured sardines and chilled ratatouille with preserved lemon vinaigrette
- Tomato tartare provencal
- Salade nicoise
- Grilled octopus and lobster salad with rouille fingerling
- Black olive and sun dried tomato focaccia with watercress salad and fig balsamic dressing
- Braised veal cheeks (osso-bucco style) with fresh pasta, basil and truffle oil
- Moules a la mariniere
- Daube de boeuf en gelee
- Rock fish fillet with a tapenade crust, ratatouille and pistou sauce
- French cheeses
- Assorted breads and pastries
- Lemon tart egg-ceptional
- Creme brulee
- Assorted ice creams and sorbets
- Wine: Coteaux d’Aix-en-Provence, domaine d’Eole 2005
- Cocktails with Grey Goose Vodka
- Kahwa cafes and mighty leaf teas
And many more items to be announced!
Dance to a sweet mix of swing, jazz and world music with:
The Bitter Dose Combo
The Bitter Dose Combo is the only gypsy jazz band whose skinny ties are as tight as its rhythm. Its guitars, accordion, clarinet and upright bass jump and jive with influences stretching from New Orleans to Paris and Brazil to Romania!
Swing Guitars DC
Formed in 2012 by DC guitarist Kevin Doran, and English guitarist Marek Wojcik, swing Guitars DC stays true to the traditional form brought to life by Django and continued by the gypsy musicians of Europe up to the present day. The music is often played with just two guitars, swapping "lead" and "rhythm" roles.
Alicia Hetzner began singing jazz and blues on Chicago's South Side with the Jordan Sandke Band. She has toured Montreux, Brienz, and the North Sea Jazz, performing with a 25-member big band. She is also a vocalist with the World Bank Jazz Connection Band.
Kamel Zennia Band
Algerian born Kamel Zennia's music is inspired by the diverse cultures of North Africa, from the coastal regions of the Mediterranean and the Atlantic, to the towns in the deepest reaches of the Sahara Desert. The fusion of Berber, Gnawa, Rhumba Flamenca and Algerian folk/rock sounds come together in a multicultural cocktail that invites audiences to celebrate, dance and be swept away by the music's passion!
Bastille Day online auction:
A tempting range of numerous luxurious vacation packages to locations around the world! Discover the online portion of the auction below. It's easy to participate - just create an anonymous ID, bid... and get ready to win! The online auction will be closed on July 12 at 11 p.m.
1) City of Lights experience: Roundtrip airfare to Paris w/accommodations and dinner atop the Eiffel Tower!
2) Historic Normandy Château week-long stay for fifteen people!
3) Seven night Caribbean sailing cruise for two aboard Star Clipper!
4) Two nights in Marseille with art tour!
5) One week stay for two in St. Lucia!
6) Four nights at Mexico’s Hacienda Tres Rios-Riviera!
7) Luxurious weekend getaway in NYC!
8) Two night stay in Washington, D.C.’s Fairmont!
9) Two VIP tickets for Olympique de Marseille/Nantes soccer game (Dec. 7, Marseille’s Velodrome Stadium)!
10) One night stay, with world class dining experience, at Maryland’s Antrim 1844 Country House Hotel!
11) One week condo stay in Keauhou, Big Island Hawaii!
A silent auction full of exciting gifts will also be organized the night of July 12, as well as an extraordinary raffle!
First Prize A chance to win a round-trip for two to Paris or Marseille, courtesy of Air France!
Second Prize Beauty treatments basket and certificate, courtesy of Dessange Paris.
The Comité Tricolore — a coordinating committee of French and French-American associations in the Washington, DC metro area — is a non-profit volunteer organization that provides healthcare support to the sick and elderly in the local French and French-American communities. Proceeds from the evening will sustain this mission throughout the year.
Celebrate Bastille Day at the Embassy of France and support a worthy cause!
Answers to frequently asked questions:
Please note that all ticket sales are final. Refunds will not be available.
SECURITY / CHECK-IN
Please print your tickets and have your ID out and ready when you arrive. It will make check-in a lot easier and faster. All tickets will be scanned following an ID/security check.
ADDRESS / PARKING / PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION / CAR SERVICE
1) La Maison Francaise is located at the Embassy of France, 4101 Reservoir Rd., NW, Washington, DC 20007.
2) If driving, street parking will be available on Reservoir Road and throughout the surrounding neighborhoods. Also, there is a pay lot located across the street at Georgetown University Hospital.
3) If using public transportation, the D6 Metro Bus drops off directly in front of the Embassy of France.
4) Ride for FREE with Uber to Bastille Day at the Embassy of France! (New users only) Sign up here: www.uber.com/go/BASTILLE with the promo code BASTILLE and your first Black Car or SUV ride is FREE (up to $25). New users only. Not valid on uberTAXI.
Your message has been sent!
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.