Bastille Day at the Embassy of France
WHAT: Bastille Day celebration at the Embassy of France
A fantastic summer fête with the Comité Tricolore!
WHEN: Friday, July 11 from 7:30 p.m. - 12 a.m.
WHERE: Embassy of France - 4101 Reservoir Rd, NW
- General (7:30pm entry): $110 -- $60 tax-deductible
- Benefactor single (6:30pm entry WITH parking access): $175 -- $125 tax-deductible
- Benefactor couple (6:30pm entry WITH parking access): $300 -- $200 tax-deductible
- Day of / At the Door (7:30pm entry / if available): $125 -- $75 tax-deductible
Proceeds from this evening will help to sustain the Comité Tricolore's mission throughout the year. The Comité Tricolore is a registered not-for-profit association whose mission is to serve as a society for French and French-American organizations of the Washington, DC area to share ideas, develop relationships and promote French culture. All members are volunteers and profits raised are entirely dedicated to the Comité’s social deeds towards the needy.
About the event
On , the Embassy of France will welcome Washingtonians to the Comité Tricolore’s spectacular annual Bastille Day celebration!
Each year, this unique special event offers foodies access to Washington’s top chefs and their signature dishes; offers dance enthusiasts a showcase for their best moves; entices connoisseurs of the decorative arts and travel with an amazing diversity of silent and online auction lots; and invites all Francophiles to a spectacular night behind the gates of the French Embassy!
Where else would you want to spend Bastille Day, if not in France? At the Embassy of France!
The 2014 edition of Comité Tricolore’s Bastille Day will commemorate "Liberty Day Normandy" 1944/2014, the 70th anniversary of D-Day -- the perfect occasion to celebrate the spirit of freedom and gratitude that has cemented the solid friendship between France and the United States. This evening is organized under the patronage of His Excellency François Delattre, Ambassador of France to the United States, who will be in attendance at the Benefactor pre-reception.
Throughout the evening, patrons at every level will revel in an exhilarating mix of live jazz and swing music, while enjoying cocktails served from the open bars and perusing the luxurious items of the exceptional online and silent auctions!
Click HERE to visit the online auction!
Guests will indulge in delicious samples of countless gourmet dishes prepared and donated by chefs from some of the area’s most prestigious restaurants, hotels, and pastry shops!
Participating restaurants... and more to come!
Bastille Restaurant - Bistro La Bonne - Bistrot Lepic - Café du Parc at Willard InterContinental - Central Michel Richard- Chez Billy - Ici Urban Bistro at Sofitel Lafayette Square - Pâtisserie Poupon - Petits Plats - Ris Restaurant - Silver Spoon - The Ritz-Carlton - Grey Goose Vodka - Tastes of Paris Gourmet Tour - Fourth Estate at the National Press Club - Isigny Sainte-Mère - Tabard Inn - 2941 Restaurant
Join us as we recreate the exuberant atmosphere of France's liberation -- the sights and sounds of another era will come alive in a celebration of freedom, democracy, and French-American unity!
A world-renowned band leader, the dapper Doc Scantlin has for over a decade brought the music of the 1920′s, 30′s, and 40′s to local, national, and international audiences. His swing ensemble will perform with the class, style, energy, and vibrancy that is their trademark -- and which has earned them the title of "The World’s Best Band" (Forbes Magazine). [http://www.docscantlin.com]
A modern DJ will follow, and keep you on the dance floor until !
Answers to frequently asked questions:
ADDRESS / PARKING / PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION / CAR SERVICE
1) The Embassy of France is located at 4101 Reservoir Rd., NW, Washington, DC 20007.
2) If driving, street parking will be available on Reservoir Road and throughout the surrounding neighborhoods. There is also a pay lot located across the street at Georgetown University Hospital. VIP ticket purchasers will have access to the embassy's parking garage. Benefactor ticket purchasers will have access to the Embassy's parking garage.
3) If using public transportation, the D6 Metro Bus drops off directly in front of the Embassy of France.
4) Or bypass driving or public transportation and try Uber [click HERE], a convenient on-demand car service, accessible with your iPhone or Android device. New members to Uber car service save $30 off their first ride with promo code ‘p8cwf’.
Promo code link: https://www.uber.com/invite/p8cwf
SECURITY / CHECK-IN
Please print your tickets and have your ID in hand when you arrive; this will assist us in expediting check in. All tickets will be scanned, following an ID/security check. If you would like to conserve paper, our scanners will be able to read the QR code on your iPhone or Android device.
Period Costumes or Cocktail Attire
Limited seating will be available.
We kindly ask for your patience and understanding when waiting in line at check-in, bar or silent auction tables.
TBD. Please visit http://bastille-day.org/ for updates.
Please note that all ticket sales are final. Refunds will not be available, with the exception of event cancellation.