San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Basic Photography Workshop
Workshop #1 in the Source Photography Workshop Series™
Our basic photography workshops will teach you haw to use your camera's shutter speed to freeze action or use blur creatively.
Source Photography’s Basic Photography Workshop is a comprehensive, hands-on instructional workshop designed to teach you the fundamentals every photographer needs to know, and build your skills and confidence as a photographer.
During our 3-hour instructional workshop we will teach you how to use the most important features of your camera, what they are used for, and how to adjust them based on lighting and the particular subject you wish to photograph. We will also give you a solid understanding of composition and how to take beautiful, classic photographs. Whether you have a DSLR, SLR, a point-and-shoot or your main camera is a smartphone, your photos will improve dramatically once you begin to employ our simple, proven photography and composition techniques.
What We Will Teach You
- A quick history of photography
- An overview of how digital cameras work
- The basics of your camera’s features, how the buttons work, and how to change settings
- Photograph composition and techniques to make your photos POP!
- You will also learn about photography’s most basic element – light – and the fundamentals of how you can control it with your camera’s most important functions:
- Aperture – Determine what is in focus
- Shutter Speed – Stop action or blur motion
- ISO – Adjust the camera’s sensitivity to light
- White Balance – Ensure the camera records color correctly
- Understanding the critical relationship between these camera settings and how they impact the images you capture
Learn how your aperture setting affects how much of your photo is in focus, and changing this setting can create drama and add a professional touch to your photographs.
Source Photography’s Basic Photography Workshop is held inside our private Walnut Creek Studio. We keep our class size small to ensure that you receive plenty of personalized instruction from our professional photographers. We believe the best method for learning is a hands-on approach, so you will be shooting throughout the workshop to put into practice what you are learning as you learn it. Be prepared to say goodby to your camera’s “auto” mode and hello to dramatically improved photos!
What We Will Provide
- Friendly instructors who are seasoned professional photographers
- A comfortable photography studio environment
- Instructional handouts
- Notepads and pens
- Non-alcoholic beverages
What You Will Need To Bring
- Your camera with fully-charged batteries – you will be doing lots of shooting!
- An eagerness to learn how to take fantastic photographs
Source Photography's pro photographers will teach you how to use ISO to vary your camera's sensitivity to light, and how this can enable you to capture photos in nearly any type of lighting condition.
Whether you are new to photography or just want to develop your skills, Source Photography’s Basic Photography Workshop will give you the practical instruction and hands-on learning experience you need to improve your photography.
We’ll make you a better photographer – Guaranteed!™
When & Where
Source Photography LLC ®
Source Photography is an award-winning San Francisco Bay Area-based photography services firm specializing in event photography, family and business portraits, photography workshops and model photography. Founded in 2008 and based in Walnut Creek, California, Source Photography provides premiere photography services for businesses, organizations, families and individuals throughout the United States.//