Basic Financial Management
How financially competent is your organization? Does your board pay active attention to finance and understand financial reports? Do you have the appropriate checks and balances to maintain financial integrity? Julie Couturier (C.P.A.), the Johnson Center’s accountant and lead financial management consultant, leads participants through an interactive workshop on the basics of nonprofit financial management.
- Understand the budgeting process, including creation, usage and board oversight;
- Understand the need for board members to be able to read and interpret financial statements;
- Understand the need to have a plan for the generation of quarterly reports to the board;
- Understand the need to have a plan for an annual C.P.A. audit, or review of the organization's finances;
- Understand and have plans for financial checks and balances within the organization; and
- Understand limitations associates with restricted funds.
When & Where
Johnson Center for Philanthropy
The Johnson Center is an academic center focused on increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of the charitable sector.
Our work involves conducting research, teaching effective practices, and providing pathways to service. We work extensively in Michigan, nationally, and internationally.