BASES Finale 2013
Friday, May 10, 2013 from 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Join us for Stanford's largest entrepreneurship event of the year, as our finalists compete for their share of 150K! The Grand Finale of three BASES competitions: E-Challenge, Social E-Challenge, and Product Showcase.
For the first time in our history, we will have the finalists of E-Challenge and Social E-Challenge pitching to the public in the morning, beginning at 9:00 am, followed by a private judging session in the afternoon. Product Showcase will take place in McCaw Hall, beginning at 12:30 pm.
Schedule of Events
9:00 am to 11:00 am: Public Pitches (E-Challenge & Social E-Challenge)
12:30 pm to 4:00 pm: Product Showcase
4:00 pm to 4:30 pm: Keynote Speaker: Steve Vassallo (Partner at Foundation Capital, former IDEO product manager)
4:30 pm to 5:00 pm: Winners Announced
5:00 pm to 7:00 pm: Grand Finale Mixer
Parking will be available at Galvez Lot at the corner of Campus Drive and Galvez Street.
What is BASES? BASES is a student group dedicated to promoting entrepreneurship education and empowering the next generation of entrepreneurs at Stanford University. E-Challenge is our competition focused on ventures in healthcare, cleantech, mobile, and web ventures. Social E-Challenge is for ideas focused on creating social good. Product Showcase is a hybrid demo day/science fair for teams to showcase their products.
Product Showcase 2013 Finalists: Product Showcase will feature 50 teams that will exhibit working prototypes and demos, covering 5 categories:
- Healthcare & Medtech
- Web & Software
E-Challenge 2013 Finalists:
- Addy is changing how we share locations by enabling people to "create an address" in the form of a short, custom URL.
- ALICE is an artificial intelligence construction scheduler that can reduce schedule durations by an average of 45% as compared to leading industrial solutions.
- Alpha is a series of online lessons and projects dedicating to turning good developers into great ones.
- AWAIR is a medical device company that develops patient-centered airway products for the intensive care unit.
- ChemoFilter is a minimally invasive disposable catheter medical device that could be inserted into the veins of the body similar to a central IV line to directly filter drugs or therapeutic particles out of the blood stream.
- CinderBio technologies have the potential to make cellulosic biomass a practical and profitable renewable energy source by significantly reducing biofuel production costs and fundamentally advancing enzymatic cellulosic degradation.
- DermTap disrupts healthcare by putting a doctor in the palm of your hand. By simply launching the DermTap mobile application and snapping a photo, a patient is able to get a diagnosis and treatment from a dermatologist within minutes.
- Resido Medical is developing Serenity, a medical device that reduces hand tremor in patients suffering from Essential Tremor.
- Simple Emotion implements a patent-pending vocal emotion recognition system to provide solutions and products for the autism community.
Social E-Challenge 2013 Finalists:
- Abeona is building an online platform connecting parents and childcare professionals with goal of improving the wellbeing of children aged zero to five.
- AdaptAir is an innovative product for pediatric patients in the developing world who suffer from life-threatening respiratory illnesses.
- Anjna Patient Education is a non–profit organization dedicated to empowering patients to take control of their own health through mobile (SMS and voice) technology.
- FlameStower is an energy product design and manufacturing company that has developed a small, portable generator to capture heat energy from campfires, cookstoves, any open flame, and convert it direct into electricity.
- Paystik replaces return payment envelopes with printable codes that link a consumer's smartphone to a digital transaction.
- Vynca is a comprehensive technology platform whose vision is to integrate healthcare information across inpatient (hospital) and outpatient (clinic) settings.
When & Where
At the center of entrepreneurship at Stanford, BASES is one of the largest student entrepreneurship groups in the world.
We are dedicated to empowering the next generation of entrepreneurs in Silicon Valley and beyond.