Saturday, November 14, 2009 from 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM (EST)
BarCamp DC is an ad-hoc unconference and is part of the larger BarCamp movement. While there are topics suggested for discussion, there is no set agenda until everyone gathers. Attendees are required to participate to some degree: either by leading a discussion, showing a demo, or by creating another type of collaborative session.
We've decided to shake things up a bit and have added three variable to shape the experience:
- Powerpoint is BANNED. That means NO SLIDES. This variable is meant to encourage active conversation rather than passive presentations.
- Sessions must focus on something you're passionate about.
- We've created a Twitter Swear Jar - each time you reference Twitter in a session you will have to contribute $1 as a common donation to the Capital Area Food Bank. Feel free to abuse this rule - one dollar can serve 5 meals!
November 14th, 2009
Registration: 9:30 AM
Agenda Creation: 10:00 AM
Sessions: 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Bar hopping afterwards
Martin Luther King Library in Chinatown (MAP)
901 G St NW
Washington, DC 2000
250 developers/designers/geeks/social media minds from the Greater DC area
- Signup to find out when tickets are available, and mark your calendar
- Join the Flickr group and post photos from the event (use BCDC3 as a tag for all media)
- Follow us on Twitter and use #barcampdc so we can aggregate tweets