Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Barcamp Vancouver 2010
Friday, November 19, 2010 at 6:00 PM - Saturday, November 20, 2010 at 5:00 PM (PST)
Barcamp Vancouver 2010 will be happening on November 19th and 20th at The (newly revamped) Waldorf Hotel. It is a 23 hour, non-stop, event - for those that can handle it.
Ticket prices include:
- Entry to the kickoff party on Friday night
- Access to our block of hotel work-rooms for the night
- Entry to the unconference on Saturday
- A Barcamp Vancouver T-Shirt*
- Free beer. As in free beer.*
The morning will start with a special breakfast show-and-tell session for those who stayed overnight, and then roll into a traditional Barcamp session-picking free-for-all.
It should be wrapped up by 5pm, giving participants a chance to get some much needed rest. Staying overnight isn’t mandatory, but it should be lots of fun.
What Is Barcamp?
BarCamp is an ad-hoc un-conference born from the desire for people to share and learn in an open environment. It is an intense event with discussions, demos and interaction from attendees.
All attendees are encouraged to give a demo, a session, a presentation, or help with one. All attendees are expected to be participants. All presentations are scheduled the day they happen. Prepare in advance, but come early to get a slot on the wall.
Presenters are responsible for making sure that notes/slides/audio/video of their presentations are published on the web for the benefit of all and those who can’t be present.
Anyone with something to contribute or with the desire to learn is welcome and invited to join.
Be Prepared With
- A computer, if you're going to make something
- A sleeping bag, if you're going to be around all night
- A bunch of new ideas you want to share
- Any parts or tools you might need, if you're building something
When & Where
Team Barcamp Vancouver