Barcamp San Antonio
Saturday, September 6, 2008 from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (CDT)
San Antonio, TX
Come on down to MediaRich in
Artsy and Historic Southtown to take part in the
User Generated Conference that is sweeping the Nation!
BARCAMP SAN ANTONIO
Generously sponsored by:
BarCamp: What's this all about?
Taken from http://www.barcamp.org/TheRulesOfBarCamp
COMMUNITY AND INFORMATION
BarCamp is an ad-hoc unconference born from the desire for people to share and learn in an open environment. It is an intense event with discussions, demos and interaction from attendees.
Anyone with something to contribute or with the desire to learn is welcome and invited to join.
When you come, be prepared to share with barcampers.
When you leave, be prepared to share it with the world.
BE A PARTICIPANT
Attendees are encouraged to participate in some form by giving a demo, a session, or help with one, or otherwise volunteer / contribute in some way to support the event. All presentations are scheduled the day they happen. Prepare in advance, but come early to get a slot on the wall. The people present at the event will select the demos or presentations they want to see.
Presenters are responsible for making sure that notes/slides/audio/video of their presentations are published on the web for the benefit of all and those who can’t be present.
BARCAMP FOR EVERYONE
The Rules of BarCamp
- 1st Rule: You do talk about BarCamp.
- 2nd Rule: You do blog about BarCamp.
- 3rd Rule: If you want to present, you must write your topic and name in a presentation slot.
- 4th Rule: Only three word intros.
- 5th Rule: As many presentations at a time as facilities allow for.
- 6th Rule: No pre-scheduled presentations, no tourists.
- 7th Rule: Presentations will go on as long as they have to or until they run into another presentation slot.
- 8th Rule: If this is your first time at BarCamp, you HAVE to present. (Ok, you don't really HAVE to, but try to find someone to present with, or at least ask questions and be an interactive participant.)
by Tantek Çelik as parodied from The Rules of Fight Club.
Sign up for San Antonio's first ever Barcamp!