This course is the foundation course for developers who are planning to build and design applications on top of MongoDB. It covers data modeling, queries and insert/update/deletes, an introduction to MapReduce and basic administration.
MongoDB Training Agenda
Developers Training, Part I: Day 1
Introduction to MongoDB
- What is MongoDB and Why?
- Core concepts
- Different deployment models
CRUD and the MongoDB Shell
- Introduction to the MongoDB API and the core concepts of documents and collections
Indexing and Schema Design
- Indexing, query profiling and the query optimizer
- Some schema design case studies
- Practice modeling various domains
- Schemas for atomic operations
Developers Training, Part II: Day 2
- How the drivers work in general
- Driver APIs with examples
- Overview of replication
- Setting up replica sets
- Overview of sharding
- How sharding affects application design
- Getting information about MongoDB
- Performance indicators
Additional Topics as Time and Interest Permit
- GeoSpatial Indexes
Q & A and Hands-on Work
Purchase of a training ticket(s) is subject to the following terms and conditions: Training Agreement
For questions or more details contact email@example.com.
When & Where
MongoDB University can help customers build, run and deploy applications on MongoDB through professional training and certification. The training enables organizations to improve developer and end-user experience, reduce time to market, decrease deployment and operational costs and lower business risk.
As part of our offerings, we deliver public in-person training classes taught around the world by our own instructors and engineers. Classes include lessons with follow-up exercises and hands-on labs to solidify your understanding of MongoDB. We limit our class sizes to a maximum of 12 students per instructor. This ratio optimizes the individual attention students receive while they develop their skills. We also offer private on-site training.