BAMBOUDESIGN WORKSHOP - iPhone Development with Ansca Corona SDK
Saturday, November 14, 2009 from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM (PST)
San Francisco, CA
What You Will Learn
About the Workshop
Corona is the recently released product of Ansca, a Palo Alto-based mobile software company. Corona is a powerful collaborative mobile development environment that enables designers, engineers, and non-traditional developers to quickly create and share iPhone applications. This revolutionary tool offers rapid prototyping and iteration, reliable development, and faster publishing directly to the App Store. With Corona, you’ll access the full power of the iPhone’s capabilities such as accelerometer, touch, photos, video, and more! Several applications built in Corona are currently available in the App Store. Download Ansca Corona SDK while it's free.
Food and beverages will be served at no additional cost.
At the Completion of this Workshop, You Will Be Able to:
- Add Images
- Add video
- Add sound
- Add touch-events
- Add screen transitions
- Create splash screen
- Build an iPhone app and install on your iPhone * You must be enrolled in the Apple iPhone Developer Program and have your own certificate.
This workshop is presented by Carlos Icaza, co-founder of Ansca, and Marine Leroux, founder of Bamboudesign, a San Francisco-based mobile software design company. Carlos and Marine will teach you how to use Corona and build an iPhone app in minutes! That’s how easy Corona is. You'll be off to build your own iPhone applications quickly and reliably, without ever touching Objective C!
Who Should Attend?
This workshop is open to developers, designers, and scripting engineers. Yes, designers too!
This workshop is sponsored by Bamboudesign, Inc. Bamboudesign, Inc. designs and develops branded mobile applications based on high-end user experience design.
- Register and download the Ansca Corona SDK at http://developer.anscamobile.com
- Bring your own Mac laptop. Bringing an iPhone or iPod Touch too is best but not a prerequisite.
- It is preferable but not required that you be enrolled into the iPhone Developer Program
10.00 - 10.15am: Welcome
10.15-10.30am: Workshop introductions
10.30 - 11.45am: Training Part I
11.45 - 12.15pm: Lunch
12.15 - 2.00pm: Training Part II
TRAINING PART I
Introduction to the Corona Environment
- What's included
- Tools needed
Your First iPhone App
- Hello World
Let's Make Things Bounce
- A simple bouncing animation
Let's Interact with the Screen
- Adding touch events
- Making things rotate with the accelerometer
- More animations
Let's Read in Some Data
- Saving scores
- Reading scores
TRAINING PART II
- The Corona Programming Interface
- The Lua Language
Let's Make Some Noise
- Adding sound
- Adding video
- Object oriented techniques in a non-OOP language
Putting It All Together
- Building and installing your app on the iPhone
The Gold Rush
- What's ahead