Baltimore, MD "Continuing Education & Networking Event"
June 19, 2013
5 AIA HSW CE Hours
1 ADA Hour for Accessibility/ADA/barrier-free
1 LEED Specific BD+C GBCI CE Hour for LEED Professionals
"Gift Card Drawings at Conclusion of Event"
08:00 AM Registration
Steep Slope Stone Coated Metal Roofing Systems
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | Course Number: IMU07C
Provider: InfoSpec, Inc.
Sponsor: Metals USA
• Define stone coated Metal.
• Depict how stone coated Metal roofing is manufactured.
• Explain the benefits of stone coated metal roofing.
• Demonstrate new and innovative ideas to take into the design process for schools, hospitals
and other commercial applications, and to help you through that process.
• Discuss how specifying stone coated metal roofing systems may contribute towards a project
earning LEED certification.
• Describe how Stone Coated Metal Roofing Systems are energy efficient & Energy Star qualified.
• Explain the cost benefits of Stone Coated Metal roofing systems.
Site Selection Criteria - Live
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course # VGC00E
1 LEED Specific BD+C GBCI CE Hour | Course ID: 90007122
Presenter: Allen Scarborough
Emphasizing the importance of conservation, restoration and preservation of natural habitats,
this educational course explores major issues confronting design professionals when selecting
a building site. With a focus on reducing environmental impacts from building on or near environmentally sensitive sites, such as on farmland or near wetlands, the course delves into the requirements of Sustainable Sites.
EPDM Defining the Standard for 50 years
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | Course Number: SDR113
AIA Provider: Carlisle Construction Materials
Presenter: Kerry Degener
Participants will learn the features and benefits of EPDM roofing solutions that have been proven
to perform as well as advancements in technology that contribute to higher quality installations
and long term service life.
11:50 Lunch sponsored by Greg Trimboli with Dynamic Closures
The Details of Accessible Design and Construction
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course number: IRB00A
1.0 ADA Hour | Course fulfills State accessibility/ADA/barrier-free
AIA Provider: InfoSpec
Sponsor: Ron Blank & Associates
Presenter: Allen Scarborough
1. Describe a basic overview of accessible design and construction requirements
2. Identify the typical accessibility oversights made during design and construction
3. Properly detail and specify plans to ensure accessibility compliance is achieved
4. Adjust plans to account for construction of accessible spaces and installation of accessible
5. Identify accessibility mistakes through application examples and explain strategies on how
to avoid them.
Drafting an Understanding of Polished Concrete
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course # AFP1
AIA Provider: Advanced Floor Products (RetroPlate) Provider number J550
Presenter: Todd Guntner
Today we can give an old worn-out concrete floor “NEW” life through the polishing
and densification process. This course is designed to give an overview of that process,
the marriage of concrete densification of and grinding and polishing concrete with diamonds.
Gift Card Drawings
"This Agenda is not a final schedule, and is subject to updates, additions and changes.
When & Where
CE Academy, Inc.
The CE Academy is coming to a city near you!
Are you a design professional or spec writer in need of CE credit hours to maintain your AIA membership or state license? CE Academy, Inc. organizes 4-8 hours of continuing education in a seminar format so you can earn multiple CE hours at one time.
These AIA and/or GBCI registered courses provide education credit. CE Academy will also manage the reporting of your credits to the AIA and email you a certificate of completion for your records after the event.
Available education credits include:
>> AIA HSW CE Hours
>> GBCI CE Hours for LEED® Professionals
>> ADA Hours Accessibility/barrier-free
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a list of accessible education and LEED webinar courses, please visit GreenCE.