BAIA Panel Event: Business Models and Applications of Wireless Sensor Networks
Wednesday, October 8, 2008 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM (PDT)
The continuous size and cost reduction of electronic devices is gradually making the vision of ubiquitous wireless sensors networks a reality. After almost a decade of extensive research, Wireless Sensor Networks (WSNs) are in the midst of the transition towards industrial deployment in various application domains, such as automotive, environmental monitoring, health care, building and industrial automation, energy management. BAIA presents a panel of outstanding experts from the academia and the industry, who have played an essential role in the history of WSNs.
- Prof. David Culler, UC Berkeley, CTO and Co-Founder Arch Rock
- Mike Horton, CEO and Co-Founder Crossbow
- Prof. Raju Pandey, UC Davis, CTO and Co-Founder Synapsense
- Prof. Kris Pister, UC Berkeley, CTO and Co-Founder Dust Networks
- Dr. Joe Polastre, CTO and Co-Founder Sentilla
- Prof. Alberto Sangiovanni-Vincentelli, UC Berkeley, CTA and Co-Founder Cadence Design Systems
Questions addressed will include:
- What applications will drive the mass deployment of WSNs both in the short and in the long term?
- What players will be most successful in the WSN domain and what business model will they adopt?
- What are the main barriers before wide adoption of WSNs?
- When will the deployment of WSNs happen in large volumes?
Program and RSVP:
6:00 PM-7:00 PM Networking
7:00 PM-8:00 PM Panel and Q&A
Admission is free, but capacity is limited to 100 attendees only. Register now!
When & Where
BAIA - Business Association Italy America
BAIA is an independent, member-based, non-profit incorporated association whose mission is to promote an open ecosystem linking the Italian business communities in California and Italy.