This half-day workshop provides the knowledge participants need to get started on the 4-D pathway to becoming a Baby-Friendly designated hospital. It will provide an overview of the process, highlight the phases of the 4-D pathway and impart tips and tools for managing change. Emphasis will be on ways to work smart and use time and staff efficiently.
This workshop is lively and participatory with interactive activities. It is limited to 25 participants.
Choose to attend the morning session from 8:30am-12:00pm or 1:00-4:30pm.
Morning session starts at 8:30am
Afternoon session starts at 1:00pm
- Overview of the Baby-Friendly Hospital initiative, the 10 Steps to Successful Breastfeeding and the 4-D Pathway
- Getting started: Who, What, Where and When
- Development: Getting your plans in place
- Dissemination: Implementing your plans
- Designation: Prepping for your site visit
- Managing Change
BreastfeedLA is dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of infants and families through education, outreach, and advocacy to promote and support breastfeeding.
Be the first to know about upcoming events!
Sign-up for our newsletter, the Greater Los Angeles Breastfeeding Bee.