Azure & MVC Boot Camp - Greg Levenhagen & Keith Burnell
Friday, June 22, 2012 from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CDT)
Spend a day with some of the nation’s leading web and cloud experts building an ASP.NET MVC web application that runs in Windows Azure and hosts data in SQL Azure and/or Azure Storage. Together we will build an ASP.NET MVC web application using Razor, jQuery and OData that will be hosted in Windows Azure using several of Azure's service offerings. We will explore web roles, cloud storage, SQL Azure, and common scenarios. We will show you how to sign up for free time in the cloud and even cover what should not be moved to cloud.
We will save time for open Q&A.
This will be a hands-on event where you will need a laptop configured with the required pieces.
Lunch and prizes will be provided.
ACTION ITEMS PRIOR TO ATTENDING THE EVENT to make the best use of your time at the Windows Azure/ASP.NET MVC Kick Start Event, you must prepare the following requirements before the event:
· A computer or laptop:
· Visual Studio 2010 (trial:http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=12752)
· SQL Server 2008 Express or better (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=3743)
· ASP.NET MVC 3 (http://www.asp.net/mvc/mvc3)
· Get Access to Azure
· The sample code and handbooks for the labs will be provided at the event.
* WiFi will be accessible on campus, but please download the prerequisites prior to the event.
* Power jacks are available on the top of each desk.
When & Where
NEWDUG - Northeast Wisconsin Developers User Group
We are a software developers users group covering the Northeast WI region. Our home page is at http://newdug.org.