Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Austin, TX "Continuing Education & Networking Event"
December 11, 2013
5 AIA HSW CE Hours
2 GBCI CMP Credit Hour for LEED Professionals
"Gift Card Drawings at Conclusion of Event” Sponsored by Ron Blank & Associates, Inc.
08:00 AM Registration Begins
08:30 - 09:30 AM
Updated Course - Steep Sloped Premium Stone Coated Metal Roofing Systems - July 2013
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: IMU07E - Updated Course July 2013
AIA Provider: InfoSpec
Sponsor: Metals USA
Presenter: John Quint
This course will better inform the designer on how to properly specify stone coated metal roofing system. Through a thorough review of installation procedures, cost breakdown and system benefits to any project, the design professional attending this educational presentation will be able to knowledgably specify a stone coated metal roofing system into their next project.
1. Define stone coated metal.
2. Depict how stone coated metal roofing is manufactured.
3. Explain the benefits of stone coated metal roofing.
4. Describe the installation methods for stone coated metal roofing systems.
5. Discuss how specifying stone coated metal roofing systems may contribute towards a
project earning LEED certification.
6. Describe how stone coated metal roofing systems are energy efficient & Energy Star qualified.
7. Explain the cost benefits of stone coated metal roofing systems.
09:40 - 10:40 AM
Solving Architectural Noise Problems
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: 003696
AIA Provider: International Cellulose Corporation
Presenter: Kent Bradshaw
1. Increase awareness of the need for acoustics before occupancy.
2. Dispel the myths about cellulose as a finish product.
3. Visible and Invisible Finishes.
4. Acoustics & Economics - Light Reflectivity, Creature Comforts, Worker
Productivity & Energy Savings.
5. Life Safety Communications.
10:50 - 11:50 AM
Recycled Content Surfacing Materials: Identifying Value Under LEED and Beyond
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: ICS06C - Updated Course April 2013
1 GBCI CMP Credit Hour for LEED Professionals | GBCI course ID: 0090009501
AIA Provider: Infospec, Inc.
Presenter: Todd Schoenemann
This one hour live course describes the importance of recycled content surfaces and their
environmental significance including reducing the use of natural resources and improving
indoor air quality. We will compare and contrast traditional and recycled surfacing materials
and explain the importance of “going beyond green.”
12:00 PM Lunch Sponsored by Greg Trimboli with Dynamic Closures
01:00 - 02:00 PM
Roofing Market Trends & Advantages of Fleeceback Membrane & Urethane Adhesives
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: SDT110
Provider: Carlisle Syntec
Presenter: Ryan Kirkland
1. Physical performance advantages of fleece membranes that enable them to resist the
forces of mother nature such as wind, rain and cold.
2. Performance advantages of urethane adhesives that eliminate the dependence on solvents
with VOC's or asphalt derived from foreign sources of oil.
3. Re-roofing advantages afforded by fleece membranes that can re-use existing roofing
systems and minimize landfill waste.
4. Multiple-ply membrane options utilizing highly reflective T or extremely weatherable EPDM
as the cap sheet.
02:10 - 03:10 PM
Sustainable Materials in Restrooms, Locker Rooms and Other Applications
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | Course: ISP10B
1 GBCI CE Hour for LEED Professionals | USGBC Course ID: 0090007573
AIA Provider: InfoSpec, Inc.
Sponsor: Scranton Products
• Define and describe the material characteristics of High Density Polyethylene (HDPE).
• Describe how HDPE recycled content reduces environmental impact.
• List several ways HDPE materials offer both initial and long term improvements to the indoor air
quality of any project.
• Explain how responsible manufacturing is a critical part of any product’s life cycle assessment
and give several examples of these environmental improvements over traditional manufacturing
Gift Card Drawings......
"This Agenda is not a final schedule, and is subject to updates, additions and changes.
When & Where
CE Academy, Inc.
The CE Academy is coming to a city near you!
Are you a design professional or spec writer in need of CE credit hours to maintain your AIA membership or state license? CE Academy, Inc. organizes 4-8 hours of continuing education in a seminar format so you can earn multiple CE hours at one time.
These AIA and/or GBCI registered courses provide education credit. CE Academy will also manage the reporting of your credits to the AIA and email you a certificate of completion for your records after the event.
Available education credits include:
>> AIA HSW CE Hours
>> GBCI CE Hours for LEED® Professionals
>> ADA Hours Accessibility/barrier-free
For more information email email@example.com.
For a list of accessible education and LEED webinar courses, please visit GreenCE.