Austin Thought Leadership this Thursday at CRU Wine Bar
Thursday, October 10, 2013 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
"Attracting, Promoting, and Retaining Women"
The Austin Thought Leadership Includes:
CHANCE TO WIN A GOOGLE TABLET
Complimentary Wine & Appetizers
Complimentary Valet Parking
Guest Speaker Mary Ellen Slayter
In this session, you will learn:
• Why gender diversity is important for your organization and its bottom line
• Challenges women face in the workplace today
• Solutions for attracting, retaining, and promoting women
• How to make your workplace more flexible, responsive, and engaging
• How to invest in a supportive and inclusive corporate culture.
• How to showcase and leverage internal female talent
Guest Speaker Bio:
Mary Ellen Slayter is a career expert for Monster. She previously served as director of content development and a senior general business and finance editor at SmartBrief, a leading publisher of e-mail newsletters. There, she led the editorial development of the SmartBlogs network, including SmartBlog on Leadership and SmartBlog on Social Media. Before joining SmartBrief, she spent 8 years at The Washington Post, where she authored the Career Track column and worked as an editor in the business news department. She has a master’s degree in journalism from the University of Maryland and a B.S. in agronomy from Louisiana State University. That means she can correct the pH of your lawn, as well as the errors on your resume.
**Complimentary valet parking will be available in the Silicon Labs parking garage – entrance located on Lavaca just before 2nd Street.