Austin CE Academy
Thursday, December 13, 2012 from 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM (CST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Austin CE Academy Event
December 13, 2012
2 AIA HSW Hours
3 AIA HSW/SD CE Hours
2 GBCI CE Hour for LEED Professionals
7:30- 8:00 AM Registration
Thermoplastic Roof Membranes - Characteristics, Applications, & Attributes
1 AIA HSW/SD CE Hour
Provider: Carlisle Syntec | Course: SDR110
Presenter: Randy Ober
- The program will cover a broad range of subjects including: different types of Thermoplastics, environmental impacts and membrane performance.
- Learn the industry trends in the use of various roofing systems and why these trends are occurring.
- Learn about the various types of thermoplastic membranes (compounds, fabric reinforcements,
- Fleece backings) and the latest technology in membrane securement.
- Learn about thermoplastic membrane reflectivity levels (new and aged) and how this affects energy usage, potential condensation accumulation, and LEED certification.
- Learn how environmental forces (UV, heat, wind, etc.) affect long-term thermoplastic roofing membrane performance.
9:10 – 10:10 AM
Steep Slope Stone Coated Metal Roofing Systems
1 AIA HSW CE Hour
Provider: InfoSpec, Inc.| Course: IMU07C
Sponsor: Metals USA
Presenter: John Quint
Define stone coated Metal.
Depict how stone coated Metal roofing is manufactured.
- Explain the benefits of stone coated metal roofing.
- Demonstrate new and innovative ideas to take into the design process for schools, hospitals and other commercial applications, and to help you through that process.
- Discuss how specifying stone coated metal roofing systems may contribute towards a project earning LEED certification.
- Describe how Stone Coated Metal Roofing Systems are energy efficient
- & Energy Star qualified.
- Explain the cost benefits of Stone Coated Metal roofing systems.
Understanding Recycled Content Surfacing Material
1 AIA HSW/SD CE Hour (AIA Course Number: ICS06A)
1 GBCI CE Hour for LEED Professionals (GBCI Course ID: 0090003989) Provider: InfoSpec, Inc.
Presenter: Todd Schoenemann
· This one hour live course describes the importance of recycled content surfacing products and how they affect a building's indoor environmental quality.
· We will review how these materials are manufactured and specified and we will evaluate how they may contribute towards LEED project certification.
· After a comparison on traditional and recycled surfacing materials, we will discuss the importance of going beyond "green".
11:30 - 12:30 PM Lunch – Provided by NCFI
Exterior Continuous Insulated Claddings for Energy Efficiency and Architectural Diversity
1 AIA HSW/SD CE Hour
1 GBCI CE Hour for LEED Professionals (GBCI Course ID: 0090005704)
Provider: Dryvit System, Inc. | Course: BL0002
Presenter: JW Mollohan
- Deconstruct the "perceived" value of traditional insulation methods and reduced performance within framed wall assemblies and reconstruct new strategies for developing true "effective" insulation value and high performance.
- Identify and define model energy code and green design standard's requirements for exterior continuous insulation.
- Differentiate between "prescriptive" R-value "performance" U-factor wall design paths and recognize where continuous insulation must be integrated.
- Discover the interrelationship between exterior insulated cladding and the use of continuous insulation to achieve energy efficient, cost effective and aesthetically pleasing design solutions.
1:40 – 2:40 PM
Solving Architectural Noise Problems1 AIA HSW CE Hour
Provider: International Cellulose Corporation | Course: 3696
Presenter: Kent Bradshaw
· Increase awareness of the need for acoustics before occupancy
- Dispel the myths about cellulose as a finish product
- Visible and Invisible Finishes
- Acoustics & Economics – Light Reflectivity, Creature Comforts, Worker Productivity & Energy Savings.
- Life Safety Communications.
When & Where
CE Academy, Inc.
The CE Academy is coming to a city near you!
Are you a design professional or spec writer in need of CE credit hours to maintain your AIA membership or state license? CE Academy, Inc. organizes 4-8 hours of continuing education in a seminar format so you can earn multiple CE hours at one time.
These AIA and/or GBCI registered courses provide education credit. CE Academy will also manage the reporting of your credits to the AIA and email you a certificate of completion for your records after the event.
Available education credits include:
>> AIA HSW CE Hours
>> GBCI CE Hours for LEED® Professionals
>> ADA Hours Accessibility/barrier-free
For more information email email@example.com.
For a list of accessible education and LEED webinar courses, please visit GreenCE.