Austin 2 Boston: Sharing Learnings from SXSWi
Thursday, March 31, 2011 from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM (EDT)
Fleishman-Hillard - along with MITX - is keeping the SXSW spirit alive in Boston.
"Austin 2 Boston: Sharing Learnings from SXSWi," is a happy hour event designed to bring together Boston area social media, marketing and communications pros who were either in Austin for SXSWi or wished they could have gone. For both groups, this event offers the opportunity to learn cool things and connect with peers.
Presentations will be fast-moving. A range of high-profile local speakers will be on hand and their 3-4 minute presentations will follow a common format: one mega takeaway from this year's SXSW; 3-4 smaller, but still important takeaways; and best of all, how they plan to integrate these new ideas into their work this year.
The lineup of speakers will include:
- Carissa Caramanis O'Brien: President of Red Box Communications, a healthcare consultancy, and VP of the ProMed Network
- Joe Chernov: VP of content marketing for marketing automation SAAS company, Eloqua. Co-chair, Word of Mouth Marketing Association's ethics panel.
- Laura "@Pistachio" Fitton, CEO/Founder www.oneforty.com
- Seth Bloom, SVP and Partner, Fleishman-Hillard Boston
- Steve Garfield, Author: Get Seen, Online Video Secrets; Founder: Boston Media Makers; Investor; Host: SteveGarfield.tv on The Pulse Network. http://www.stevegarfield.com
- Tyson Goodridge, Principle of Dialogue, Social Media Education and Advisory Services Firm
- Amy Greenlaw, Founder, Film POP!, a digital marketing agency for Independent Film
Before and after the presentations, we'll enjoy networking SXSW-style (i.e. food and drinks).
When & Where
FleishmanHillard is the world’s most complete global communications firm, specializing in public relations, public affairs, marketing, paid media, and transmedia and social content. FleishmanHillard delivers on The Power of True, reflecting the firm’s high values, and unique ability to guide clients through a world demanding unprecedented authenticity and transparency. The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. And it was justs named Large Agency of the Year at the 2014 PRWeek Awards. FleishmanHillard has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 42 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.