Austin 2 Boston: Sharing Learnings from SXSWi
Thursday, March 31, 2011 from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM (EDT)
Fleishman-Hillard - along with MITX - is keeping the SXSW spirit alive in Boston.
"Austin 2 Boston: Sharing Learnings from SXSWi," is a happy hour event designed to bring together Boston area social media, marketing and communications pros who were either in Austin for SXSWi or wished they could have gone. For both groups, this event offers the opportunity to learn cool things and connect with peers.
Presentations will be fast-moving. A range of high-profile local speakers will be on hand and their 3-4 minute presentations will follow a common format: one mega takeaway from this year's SXSW; 3-4 smaller, but still important takeaways; and best of all, how they plan to integrate these new ideas into their work this year.
The lineup of speakers will include:
- Carissa Caramanis O'Brien: President of Red Box Communications, a healthcare consultancy, and VP of the ProMed Network
- Joe Chernov: VP of content marketing for marketing automation SAAS company, Eloqua. Co-chair, Word of Mouth Marketing Association's ethics panel.
- Laura "@Pistachio" Fitton, CEO/Founder www.oneforty.com
- Seth Bloom, SVP and Partner, Fleishman-Hillard Boston
- Steve Garfield, Author: Get Seen, Online Video Secrets; Founder: Boston Media Makers; Investor; Host: SteveGarfield.tv on The Pulse Network. http://www.stevegarfield.com
- Tyson Goodridge, Principle of Dialogue, Social Media Education and Advisory Services Firm
- Amy Greenlaw, Founder, Film POP!, a digital marketing agency for Independent Film
Before and after the presentations, we'll enjoy networking SXSW-style (i.e. food and drinks).
When & Where
Fleishman-Hillard and the Community Roundtable
Fleishman-Hillard Inc., one of the world’s leading strategic communications firms, has built its reputation on creating integrated solutions that deliver what its clients value most: meaningful, positive and measurable impact on the performance of their organizations.
The firm is widely recognized for excellent client service and a strong company culture founded on teamwork, integrity and personal commitment. Based in St. Louis, the firm operates throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, Africa and Latin America through its 80 owned offices. For more information, visit the Fleishman-Hillard website at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
The Community Roundtable provides strategic, tactical and professional development programming for community and social business leaders through online training, a membership based peer to peer network, a monthly report subscription curating important content to stay abreast of, advisory services for organizations in all stages of their online community and social business development and publishes groundbreaking research. Learn more at http://community-roundtable.com.