Welcome to the 2009 Aurora Awards!
The AURORA Awards are presented each year to builders, developers, architects, planners, interior merchandisers, landscape architects and other disciplines actively involved in projects in a 12-state southeastern region plus the Caribbean who have demonstrated building and design excellence.
This year’s winners are selected from among 80 categories by a panel of industry experts and were honored at the 30th Annual AURORA Awards Gala/Spectacular on Saturday evening, August 1, 2009, during the Southeast Building Conference in Orlando, Florida.
The AURORA Awards program is affiliated with the Florida Home Builders Association (FHBA) and the Southeast Building Conference (SEBC), one of two regional trade shows recognized by and affiliated with the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB).
Stephanie Henley, Chair
Beasley and Henley Interior Design
When & Where
Florida Home Builders Association
FACTS ABOUT THE FLORIDA HOME BUILDERS ASSOCIATION
- Established in 1949, the Florida Home Builders Association (FHBA) represents the interests of Florida’s home building, remodeling and commercial construction industry.
- FHBA’s governmental affairs and legal action programs, along with its Political Action Committee, are designed to promote and protect homeownership opportunities throughout Florida.
- FHBA produces and sponsors the annual Southeast Building Conference (SEBC) – the largest regional building industry trade show and education conference in the South.
- FHBA provides continuing education for Florida licensed contractors to assure members stay on top of changing technologies and regulations, and to promote safe, high-quality housing for Floridians.
- FHBA promotes construction training through the Florida Construction Institute, the National Association of Home Builders’ Home Builders Institute, and partnerships with Florida’s regional workforce boards.
- FHBA keeps members abreast of important industry news through its weekly FHBAction News e-newsletter, produces a bi-monthly award-winning magazine, Florida HomeBuilder, and offers a variety of home building information to its members and the public on www.fhba.com.
- Through its wholly-owned subsidiary Florida Home Builders Insurance (www.fhbi.com), FHBA provides its members cost-effective coverage for general liability, commercial auto umbrella liability, builders’ risk, renovation and vacant property, contractors’ equipment, home warranty, project wraps, miscellaneous errors and omissions and bonds, and more.
- Each year, FHBA awards the construction industry’s most prestigious honors when it names the Builder, Associate, and Remodeler of the Year winners.
- FHBA’s Foundation and its Future Builders of America educational program helps teens understand and pursue rewarding careers in the home building industry and related trades. Additionally, the Foundation awards higher education scholarship to students pursuing a degree in the construction industry.
TICKETS - All Tickets will be mailed by Wednesday, July 22 to ticket holders. For tickets purchased after Wednesday, July 22, please pick up these tickets on site at the SEBC Green Building Show Registration Counter. Tickets not picked up at the SEBC prior to Friday, July 31 at 5 pm will be available at the WILL CALL table located at Grand Ballroom A in the Rosen Centre Hotel.