August 2014 Pre-Meet for #NYTM
Monday, August 4, 2014 from 5:45 PM to 6:45 PM (EDT)
New York, NY
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
NYTechWomen Hosted Pre-Meet for NYTM
IMPORTANT:: Our pre-meet is free, but tickets for the main NYTM event MUST BE PURCHASED THROUGH NYTM
5:45 - 6:45 meet for a quick drink and mingle
6:45 - 7:00 walk to NYTM event to get seats together
Our pre-meetups have been touted as being the easiest way to make good connections at a really big event. If you haven't attended the #NYTM before, you may be excited to attend, but not sure you want to attend alone. If you've gone before, you realize that it's always more fun to go with a friend.
This month is no exception, we'll be gathering for an hour or so near the main event, so bring your friends, coworkers and fellow geeks for a quick and easy gathering of #NYTM attendees.
Because this is a brief pre-meeting where timing is important, we do not recommend you join us if you are attending one of the simulcast events.
Please feel free to attend even if this is your first NYTechWomen event - our group is always friendly and welcoming, and a great way to help ease the intimidation of a large event.
(If you have an extra ticket for the main event, or didn't get a ticket, feel free to Tweet at us @NYTechWomen and we'll try to connect you for ticket exchanges. We usually have a few people show up with extra tickets to sell at face value.)
Rules of Engagement: Small Things Make a Big Difference
1. Smile and introduce yourself. It’s amazing how welcoming this can make a new member feel. Make sure to set a good example by holding your head up high and saying hello.
2. Circulate and share openly. Challenge yourself to meet someone new at every event. Your thoughts and opinions are the product of years of your own unique experience. Be generous with that.
3. Take the time to listen. We're in hectic New York mode. Let's slow down and enjoy a real conversation.
4. Spread the spirit of inclusiveness. We're out to change the world by showing that being nice is a position of power. Great achievements are never made in solitude.
5. Keep the conversation going. Make sure to followup when you say you will and reach out when you have questions or ideas. This is a mutually supportive group.
If you have not already done so, please be certain to sign up for our NYTechWomen Newsletter to be in-the-know on the latest happenings with the community.
When & Where
We differentiate NY Tech Women by providing an approachable, social community for women serious about the tech industry. We foster and nurture mutually rewarding, long-lasting relationships within our membership. There are many groups available that are dedicated to networking, sales, pitches, panels or skill building. Instead, we build mentorship, community and real friendships that support career and business success through generosity.