AT&T Mobile App Hackathon - Portland - IOT
- Science & Technology
- Portland State Business Accelerator, Portland Oregon
AT&T U-verse® Enabled Virtual Hackathon Challenge!
Monday, March 17, 2014 at 12:00 AM - Monday, March 31, 2014 at 12:00 AM (PDT)
Interested in building a native mobile application that integrates your television?
We’ve got an app challenge for you: Build a native (Android or iOS) mobile application that leverages our AT&T U-verse enabled APIs to let your mobile application communicate with the U-verse receiver. Our U-verse Enabled APIs allow your application to connect to a U-verse receiver, integrate remote control functions, channel tunes, enable next generation discovery, and display content on the television! To encourage entrants of this challenge to be as disruptive and innovative as possible we have broken the contest down into three categories: music, gaming, and wildcard. The wildcard category encompasses apps that will focus on everything from TV navigation to social media to health related apps. Wildcard allows you to bring your application imagination to us so make sure you bring your creative A-game.
This competition is open to current mobile applications that have not previously been submitted for integration with the AT&T U-verse Enabled platform and teams building applications from scratch are encouraged to use any frameworks or templates they find helpful. To make this challenge even more enticing, teams will be competing their share of up to $35K in prizes! What are the guidelines? There are several sample AT&T U-verse Enabled apps and those should provide you with a baseline for how your app should look and feel. Here are the details:
○ Your pitch must include your team name, team members, category, and full details of your idea as requested
○ Application must run on either the iOS or Android Platforms
○ Mobile application must leverage the AT&T U-verse Enabled Platform
○ Applications must either be new ideas coded during the contest or integrate the AT&T U-verse Enabled Platform for the first time.
■ Existing U-verse Enabled (UvE) apps are not eligible for submission
■ Any app idea that has previously submitted for a U-verse Enabled application certificate is not eligible
○ Finalists must finish and submit their final code by 06/06/2014
○ App must be fully functioning on a tablet or mobile device
○ (3) 1st Place Prizes of $10,000, one for each category*
■ $5,000 paid at time of selection
■ $5,000 additional payout once app goes to market (launches in app store)
○ (1) 2nd Place Prize of $5,000, awarded across all categories*
■ $2,500 paid at time of selection
■ $2,500 additional payout once app goes to market (launches in app store)
*AT&T reserves the right to eliminate or combine categories
○ Idea Submission Open - 03/17/2014 until 03/31/2014 at 12:00AM PST
○ Top 10 Finalists Announced - 04/14/2014 at 12:00PM PST
○ Code Your App - 03/17/2014 until 06/06/2014
○ App Review by Judges - 06/06/2014 until 06/20/2014
○ Winner Announcement - 06/20/2014
Interested? Sign up here! → http://uversehack.eventbrite.com
**Winnings Apps may be featured in an AT&T PR Developed segment
***AT&T has the option of supporting the consumer launch of winning apps with product marketing resources
+Contest is open to US residents only
++AT&T Employees are ineligible to compete
Join millions of people on Eventbrite.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.