AT&T Mobile App Hackathon - Malaysia Developers' Day
Saturday, September 7, 2013 at 9:00 AM - Sunday, September 8, 2013 at 4:00 PM (MYT)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Have a great idea for a new technology for entrepreneurship?
Ever thought of taking your digital skills to the next level?
Want to make your great idea for an app happen?
Malaysia Developers' Day, an event jointly organised by the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission and AT&T, challenges developers from across Malaysia to build innovative mobile apps over the course of 24 hours.
The Developers’ Day serves as a catalyst for innovation and entrepreneurship, providing attendees with the resources, education and networking structure needed to produce quality apps in less time and at lower cost. Moreover, AT&T’s experts will be on hand to lend assistance where needed, transferring technology knowhow to the local innovators.
Participation is open to students, developers, innovators or anyone with a great idea. The first-place winning team will receive USD 10,000 in prize money to further invest in their ideas. They may also have the opportunity to present their apps to the delegates in APECTel in Hawaii via telepresence in September 2013 and also to present at the Malaysia Global Entrepreneurship Summit to be held in Kuala Lumpur on October 11-12, 2013.
Event Schedule. The following is a list of the weekends agenda:
- Saturday, September 7th
- 09AM - Registration in hotel lobby
- 10AM - Kickoff event with breakfast, networking, and developer dating which leads into idea pitches and team formation.
- 11AM - Lightning talks from selected speakers
- 12PM - START THE CLOCK! Teams have 24 hours from now to plan, develop, and code their ideas.
- 01PM - Lunch available
- 06PM - Dinner available
- 12AM - Developer resources paused until 8am.
- Sunday, September 8th
- 08AM - Developer resources back online and breakfast available. The fun continues with the final day of the hackathon. Continue to work with your team to finish coding and polishing your app. Experts will be available throughout the final hours to help you code up your solution. App submissions will be accepted throughout the day with a deadline of 12PM.
- 12PM - 4PM - STOP THE CLOCK! Please sign up your teams to present via this link: http://bit.ly/hackprezreg Pitches start promptly at 12:15PM and are limited to three (3) minutes per team.
- 12:15PM - Pitches start for judging; lunch available
- 03PM - Announcement of winners and prize-giving
Prizes. The following prizes are experiential and geared towards accelerating you towards a successful business as well as expanding your network and industry knowledge:
- Best Hackathon App Overall
- 1st Place
- USD10,000 for the team to split
- 2nd Place
- USD3,000 for the team to split
- 3rd Place
- USD1,000 for the team to split
Judging Criteria. Apps will be judged based on the criteria below and weighted accordingly.
- 1/3 Weight - Ability to clearly articulate what your app does
- 1/3 Weight - Originality of idea
- 1/3 Weight - Technically challenging implementation
- Follow us @attdeveloper for live updates and photos from the event
- "Like" us on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/attdeveloper