Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Come Build Next Generation Travel Apps!
This is an invite only event as space is limited. SXSW passes are NOT required for entry into the event. Please RSVP above and provide your contact information. We will contact you as space becomes available.
This travel hackathon is produced by the AT&T Developer Program and American Airlines. We are challenging developers to build prototypes of new mobile apps that are travel related. Be the first to program with these unreleased APIs from AT&T and American Airlines – AT&T hybrid-location information services (beta) and American Airlines travel and AAdvantage APIs. We will also have a number of travel APIs represented onsite (some of which are opening their APIs for the first time too) as well as onsite mentors to help accelerate your development. To get you started, we have some seed ideas listed below.
Mashup AT&T hybrid location APIs with American Airlines APIs to:
- navigate and checkin on your trip – find the gate, go through TSA, upgrade to business class, locate your car rental, find closest preferred hotel with availability, re-route your trip due to weather conditions, and more.
Your imagination is the only limitation!
Haven't been to a hackathon before? Read the FAQ.
Event Schedule. The following is a list of the weekend's agenda:
- 10AM - Kickoff event with breakfast, networking, and developer dating which leads into idea pitches and team formation.
- 11AM - Travel related API Presentations - API specific presentations from hackathon sponsors. Speakers listed below.
- 01PM - Team Registrations Due: http://www.mobileapphackathon.com/register/
- 02PM - Idea review session 1 - refine your pitch with business consultants and review your technology stack
- 04PM - Idea review session 2 - This is not a repeat of the last line. We want to make sure that you refine your pitch a second time with business consultants and review your technology stack to ensure that you have the highest possibility of winning.
- 10AM - The fun continues with an all day hackathon. Work with the teams that you formed the day before. "Senseis" will be available throughout the entire event to help you code up your solution.
- 05PM - Promptly at 05PM, teams will begin pitching their ventures. Pitches are limited to three (3) minutes per team.
- AT&T and American Airlines Travel App Challenge (must build a travel related app that uses AT&T Location Information Services APIs and American Airlines APIs (TBA - top secret for now))
- 1st Place - $10,000 split amongst team members, 25k American Airlines AAdvantage Miles per team member (max 5 team members)
- 2nd Place - $3,000 split amongst team members, 25k American Airlines AAdvantage Miles per team member (max 5 team members)
- 3rd Place - $1,000 split amongst team members
Judging Criteria. Apps will be judged based on the criteria below and weighted accordingly.
- 33% Weight - Ability to clearly articulate what your app does
- 33% Weight - Originality and UI implementation of idea
- 33% Weight - Demonstratable mobile app (live website is bonus)
- Hackathon Terms: http://db.tt/kyPS9ojR
- Official Rules: http://db.tt/XINWSBJi
|Alex Donn, Senior Marketing Manager at AT&T, is a developer evangelist based out of sunny Seattle! His passion is educating developers young and old about mobile application development best practices through hackathons as well as leveraging the awesomeness of hackathons and crowdsourcing to fuse the collective interests of corporation and entrepreneurs. He loves bacon and is allergic to all types of gluten.||Phil Easter, Director of Mobile Apps at American Airlines, directs the mobile application development and strategy for American Airlines. He has more than 20 years of IT experience and has been in the mobile space for the past six years. His small, agile team at American was the first in the industry to deliver native customer applications on all the major mobile platforms. Prior to American, Phillip worked in the startup world focusing on mobile User Generated Content.|
Senseis / Mentors / MCs
|Tracy King, Vice President of AT&T’s Western Region Public Affairs, provides strategic and tactical management and support for the company’s public affairs, media and grassroots development efforts across 23 states, including Texas & California.
Ms. King and her team effectively develop and manage legislative and public affairs campaigns for the company. The adoption and subsequent defense of landmark telecommunications reform and video competition in Texas and other states, is just one example of her ability to craft and implement winning strategies that leverage internal and external allies, stakeholders and the media.
|Johnny "Diggz" Higgins, is an entrepreneur, musician, filmmaker and founder of Geeks Without Bounds. In 1999 Diggz co-founded Voxeo and serves as Chief Evangelist for Voxeo Labs’ flagship cloud communications platform, Tropo and its community of over 250,000 developers. Diggz is also a professional dueling piano player and will perform at the slightest arm-twist. He’ll be speaking on behalf of Tropo, one of the event’s sponsors.|