Atlanta Excel User Group November 2013 Meeting
Thursday, November 14, 2013 from 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM (EST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The Excel Revolution: Your New Role in the Age of Data
Speaker: Rob Collie
Business Intelligence, Big Data, and Data Science: when we hear those terms, our first feelings are often things like “cutting edge,” “business critical,” and “exciting.” But those terms also evoke words like “expensive,” “arcane,” and “specialized.”
The surprising truth, however, is that the Age of Data will NOT be dominated by data specialists operating in their ivory towers. It will instead be dominated by a new breed of business specialists, and by the organizations that best learn to empower them.
By introducing tools like Power Pivot – industrial strength data crunching power aimed at Excel users - Microsoft has changed the rules of the game forever. Initiatives that used to be six-figure, six-month projects can now be executed in days, and for zero additional spend, while paradoxically delivering a higher quality of result.
In this introduction to the user group, Rob Collie, a former engineering leader at Microsoft and a leading proponent of this revolution, will:
- Explain what defines an “Excel pro” today
- Demonstrate the tools that will change the lives of Excel pros forever
- Expose the “dark matter” secret at the heart of the revolution, and why communication cost is the bottleneck
- Draw a roadmap for Excel pros to take their place in the revolution and achieve more rewarding careers
- Likewise draw a roadmap for organizations to develop and empower this new breed of specialist, thereby seizing a decisive competitive