Why wait in line on Race Day… Take advantage of Packet Pick-up! All competitors will have the opportunity to get their race-day materials at Packet Pick-up the day before the race. When you arrive, sign a waiver at the waiver tables or to speed up the process, you can download a PDF of the waiver and bring the signed waiver with you.
You will be required to show photo ID to the event staff / volunteer and in exchange for your received waiver, you will receive everything you need to race.
Packet pick-up location: Stone Mountain Sports Authority | 4235 Highway 78, Lilburn GA 30047 | (770)979-7020.
(Please note that you will not be permitted to pick up another person’s packet, nor will another person be able to pick up yours under any circumstances).
If you do not pick-up your race packet early you MUST bring a copy of your pre-registration receipt in order to avoid paying for a spectator ticket at the entry gate.
PARKING: $10 (Cash/Credit)
30 challenging obstacles sprawled across a 7K course, the ultimate adventure race and obstacle course challenge. The B.A.D. Obstacle Challenge benefits Autism Speaks, working together with the goal of overcoming obstacles for Autism.
The B.A.D. Obstacle Challenge has 4 divisions for you to choose from, including our brand new K-9 Companion Division:
- RECREATION DIVISION – Run, Jog, Walk or Crawl – It’s your personal challenge! Conquer 25+ obstacles sprawled across a 7K course! To participate in the Recreation Division you must be 14+ years of age.
- ELITE TRAINED DIVISION - This division is for the avid athlete, first responders, military, and the ultra competitive. If you're focused on the competition and your race time this is the division for you! There's no skipping obstacles in this division; increased difficulty with additional obstacles, terrain and / or distance or modified obstacles to really make you stand out! To Participate in the Elite DIvision you must be 18+ years of age.
- K-9 COMPANION DIVISION - The first of it's kind! Bring your dog to take part in the 5-9 K-9 obstacles specifically designed / modified for you and your dog! So, the time is now -- bring Fido out for a real challenge!
- KIDS DASH MINI B.A.D. CHALLENGE - Take part in the Kids Dash with divisions for 4-6 and 7-13 year olds with obstacles designed just their size. Make it a family affair and bring your kids out to a fun and exciting challenge.
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
- IDs are required for picking up racer packet, signing waivers, and consuming any alcoholic beverages (IF APPLICABLE) during the post race festival.
- Kids Aged 4-13 can take part in the Kids Dash
- 14+ aged racers can compete in the Recreation Division & K-9 Division
- 18+ aged racers can compete in the Elite Trained Division
- K-9 Companion Handlers must be at least 14 years of age. The K-9 must be at least 1 years of age.
Where can I find the most up-to-date details about the Atlanta B.A.D. Obstacle Challenge?
Visit our website or visit us on Facebook.
Where can I print off my waiver?
If you'd like to print off your waiver form to save time at packet pick-up you can do so online by downloading the PDF here.
Where / When is Packet Pick-Up?
Location will be announced at a later date.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
If you do not pick up your racer packet prior to race day you must bring a copy of your registration / ticket with you on race day; those who do not have a copy of this or a racer packet will be charged a spectator fee.
Spectators must bring a printed or digital copy of their ticket.
What is the refund policy?
There are NO refunds any circumstances.
What is the course distance?
- Recreation & Elite Trained Divisions are 7km.
- The MINI B.A.D. Challenge is 200 yards for the 4-6 year olds and 1 mile for the 7-13 year olds.
Where can I learn more? I have a question that isn't answered here.