ASTHMA EDUCATION COMMUNITY SERVICE OPPORTUNITY
LIU Brooklyn Brenda Pillors Asthma Education Program
Educate adults and children about asthma through interprofessional education and collaboration
Who May Participate:
Students from Health Sciences, Nursing, Pharmacy, Public Health, Occupational Therapy, Respiratory Care and other health and allied health students
Tuesday, March 26, LIU Campus Wellness Day, 10:30am-2:30pm
Saturday, April 6, Kings Plaza Shopping Center at Flatbush Avenue and
Avenue U from 10:30am – 3:30pm
Required Preparation - Two evening programs:
Friday, March 1, 6-8 School of Health Professions, Room to be announced – dinner provided
Introduction to different professionals' roles in asthma education and management
2. Events Orientation and Team Work Prep:
Friday, March 22, 6-8pm LIU, Health Sciences Building - Room to be announced
Wellness Day at LIU
Shopping Center Health Fair
1. Because you can. Some people want to help others and just don't have a chance, the knowledge, or the skills that you have and will be given.
2. Meet your department community service requirements.
3. Build your resume and be a more competitive job applicant.
4. People with asthma, especially in neighborhoods near LIU with fewer education resources need your help.
5. Save a life - someone you help may now be able to avoid an asthma attack or may be able to help someone else manage their asthma better.
6. Reduce the number of preventable asthma deaths and visits to the emergency room!
7. Your coaches, parents, siblings, friends, co-workers, classmates and professors will be so proud of you!
8. The communities you help will be so grateful!
9. Because someone somewhere sometime helped you and this is your chance to pay it forward.
10. Your own reason...you know why you want to do this...
SIGN UP TODAY:
To qualify for this community service opportunity you must:
1. Register below for and attend the training AND the orientation programs
2. Register below to attend one or two of the events below
3. Register your commitment to do asthma community service events on other days...to be announced.
Long Island University Brooklyn, MPH 740 Class
MPH 740 Public Health Program Planning, Implementation & Evaluation Class