Come join the Silicon Valley Section of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) to host our latest technical speaker!
"Material Properties and Related Technologies that Apply to LEDs"
Invited Speaker: Bret Baumgarten,
Sr. Sales Development Leader at SABIC Innovative Plastics
This event is graciously hosted by StudioRED*.
A light boxed dinner will be provided.
For any questions, please contact: asme.scvs (at) gmail.com.
PROGRAM (all times US Pacific):
- 6:00 PM ~ 6:30 PM: Registration, Networking, and Dinner
- 6:30 PM ~ 7:15 PM: Technical Talk
- 7:15 PM ~ 7:30 PM: Q&A and Networking
- 7:30 PM: Event ends
Material Properties and Related Properties that Apply to LEDs
- What are the material properties that are listed on a data sheet?
- What are the standard tests used to determine the data?
- What is the relevance of the data on a data sheet to your project?
- How do additives affect material properties?
- What questions should be considered when selecting a material for a project?
- The importance of functional testing.
- Material properties and related technologies that apply to LEDs.
In my experience, materials are specified based on tribal knowledge, information passed on from one project to another. With more work to do in less time, it is challenging to know what materials are available, and just because a material may work, is it the right material?
Bret Baumgarten is the Sr. Sales Development Leader for SABIC's Innovative Plastic business in the SF Bay Area. He has been in the plastics world since 2001 holding positions as Sr. Sales Engineer, Program Manager, and Director of Sales and Marketing. As a Program Manager, he oversaw the final part, tool design and builds, established quality Inspection Standards, designed Work Cell layouts and Standardized Work Instructions to enable a successful transfer from Engineering to Production for OEMs including Toyota, Kodak, Siemens, GE Healthcare, and Medtronic among others. His business took him around the globe, where he oversaw a plant build and lead machine and part validations in China. He introduced/implemented TPS into several China plants to improve overall quality and efficiencies.
Now with SABIC, he works closely with OEMs to support their material selection for new projects, troubleshoots existing production, and helps with part design.
* StudioRED provides product development expertise in research, ergonomics, industrial and GUI design, mechanical and optical engineering, and prototyping that results in thoughtful trend setting designs. We enrich the user experience through implementing solid engineering that is mindful of manufacturing and cost. Our in-house model-making and rapid-prototyping can produce photorealistic models, complex prototypes, challenging high-tolerance machined parts, and meet your early production needs. We can provide full turn key product design solutions. Studio RED's award winning services have been recognized time and again over our 29 year history.
When & Where
ASME Santa Clara Valley Section
One of the nation's top-ranked sections, ASME SCVS is operated by a group of dedicated volunteers, to meet the needs of the Silicon Valley engineering community and beyond.